Girlfriend Cheating

Marty

Well.. I'd appreciate advice on what to do from 'yall :)

I have been with my girlfriend for just over a year, and

she recently told me she cheated on me. She made out with

another guy from her school.. and also had done some other

things with one of her x's.. actually quite a while ago.

Here's the deal though.. We're presently in a long distance

relationship.. and she is very "needy" and does this to

get her emotional needs met. We have talked about this and she agreed to look for another source of her emotional wellbeing. However.. she cannot understand that I sometimes need to be away from her for a month or so.. because I'm training to become a pilot. She feels that I need to be there for her more...

Soo.. I don't knoiw whether to try and figure this all out or whether to call it quits. I love her very much.. but I don't know if I can trust her.

hi Marty,

No one forced her to be in a long distance relationship, so i don't think that should be used as an excuse to justify her behavior. if she felt 'needy' she should have broken up with you instead of cheating on you.

I don't know if you can trust her either, and a relationship without trust falls apart very quickly.

There are other girls out there that don't have a problem with being faithful.

I trust that Tony will give you some good advice. Good luck!

It's got nothing much to do with trust. She's a young, selfish chirpie.

So she feels you need to be there for her more...like get rid of your life totally so you can be there for her every wish and need. I better finish fast because I'm getting sick.

A mature woman would understand and empathize with the incredible demands and rigors of aviation training and be supportive and loyal during this time. She is simply too selfish and without ample self control to make minor sacrifices while you are away. If she can't understand a pilots need for training, she is way too dumb to be in your life. Let her know, DUH, that plains CRASH if pilots aren't properly trained.

You also have to understand that her hormones are probably rushing through her system at an incredible rate. Young men and women are driven far more by their own personal needs and demands than by morals or principals. This may just be a biological imperative. I don't know. Even when you get out of training, it is likely she will not be loyal to you and will seek others for excitement and activities.

If she is using you in large part to satisfy her animal urges and seeks out other people in your absence, you are certainly with the wrong chick.

While you're doing a flyover sometime, look for some other chicks with more principles, more honor, and more loyalty. They're out there, particularly in certain latitudes. Consult your flight book.

Your girlfriend nauseates me. I hope you don't think about her while your in the air.

...a TEXTBOOK example of Tony's relentless pursuit of his dry brand of subtle humor in the midst of his posts.

On another note, an outsider would suggest to drop this chick, but it's more difficult when you yourself are driven by those same "animal" urges. I guess it just takes a few times through the sh*t fan to value maturity and stability.

Bobby Dygytul

Dump the stupid B*tch. The Ho cheated on ya. There are millions of females in this world. There are some that will not cheat on you. There are some that you can like and fall in love with more than this chick. There are some that can fit your needs more than this girl will. Ditch her, or become another link in her chain. I'll tell you what, Go out and buy a copy of R.L. Burnside's new cd entitled "wish i was in heaven sittin down." He is 74 Y.O. and easily one of the best Blues singers in history. After you buy it, listen to song #10 on that CD. You definatly don't want to be what he talks about in that song.

~Bobby Dygytul~

Well.. I'd appreciate advice on what to do from 'yall :) I have been with my girlfriend for just over a year, and she recently told me she cheated on me. She made out with another guy from her school.. and also had done some other things with one of her x's.. actually quite a while ago. Here's the deal though.. We're presently in a long distance relationship.. and she is very "needy" and does this to get her emotional needs met. We have talked about this and she agreed to look for another source of her emotional wellbeing. However.. she cannot understand that I sometimes need to be away from her for a month or so.. because I'm training to become a pilot. She feels that I need to be there for her more... Soo.. I don't knoiw whether to try and figure this all out or whether to call it quits. I love her very much.. but I don't know if I can trust her.

I would so much appreciate you saving me a trip to the CD store. Could you please, briefly, tell me what he talks about on Cut # 10??? I am in utter suspense!!!

the lyrics go something like this:

chain chain chain chain of fools

for five long years I thought you were my man

but I found out I'm just a link in your chain

you got me where you want me

i aint nothing but your fool

you treated me mean oh you treated me cruel

every chain has got a weak link

i might be weak now but I gave you strength

now you tell me to leave you alone

my father said, come on home

my doctor said, take it easy

but your lovin' is a much too strong

i'm added to your chain chain chain

chain of fools

one of these mornings that chain is gonna break

but up until then I'm gonna take all I can take

Bobby Dygytul

Glad to see some Blues fans out there. Hey Sparkle, Whatcha think about song #9 on the same CD? The lyrics in this song go along with these types of situations also. Damn good CD huh?

~Bobby Dygytul~

ps. R.L. Burnside RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the lyrics go something like this: chain chain chain chain of fools for five long years I thought you were my man but I found out I'm just a link in your chain

you got me where you want me i aint nothing but your fool you treated me mean oh you treated me cruel

chain chain chain chain of fools every chain has got a weak link i might be weak now but I gave you strength

now you tell me to leave you alone my father said, come on home my doctor said, take it easy but your lovin' is a much too strong i'm added to your chain chain chain chain of fools one of these mornings that chain is gonna break but up until then I'm gonna take all I can take chain chain chain chain of fools

You keep teasing us about these songs but leaving it up to other people to post the lyrics. Just a few lines would be awfully helpful. Thanks.

Well, before I read your post, I was thinking "DUMP HER!!" in capital letters twice that size at least.

Well.. I'd appreciate advice on what to do from 'yall :) I have been with my girlfriend for just over a year, and she recently told me she cheated on me. She made out with another guy from her school.. and also had done some other things with one of her x's.. actually quite a while ago. Here's the deal though.. We're presently in a long distance relationship.. and she is very "needy" and does this to get her emotional needs met. We have talked about this and she agreed to look for another source of her emotional wellbeing. However.. she cannot understand that I sometimes need to be away from her for a month or so.. because I'm training to become a pilot. She feels that I need to be there for her more... Soo.. I don't knoiw whether to try and figure this all out or whether to call it quits. I love her very much.. but I don't know if I can trust her.

And after I read your post.

I thought the same damn thing.

Wife might be different.

Girlfriend?? Nah. I'd lose her.

At least she told you about these incidents, which is better than just not letting you know at all. But I still don't think you can trust her over the long haul. Because every time you go out of town you will wonder if she is feeling needy again and who will she turn to in her need? She may turn to someone and bring back a disease to you.

Well, before I read your post, I was thinking "DUMP HER!!" in capital letters twice that size at least. And after I read your post. I thought the same damn thing. Wife might be different. Girlfriend?? Nah. I'd lose her.
Bobby Dygytul

Go to www.fatpossum.com and hear an MP3 of it.

The name of the song is "Bad Luck City"

You keep teasing us about these songs but leaving it up to other people to post the lyrics. Just a few lines would be awfully helpful. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

trust is the foundation for a relationship. if you don't have that 100%, then you will never feel 100% about your relationship. you will always be wondering what she is doing.

you don't deserve to feel that way, and you don't deserve to be treated like that. you are so much better than that, and as much as it will hurt, you can find a girl so much better than that.

trust me :)