Feeling stupid when I realized that it is one-sided

hopelesslyunsure

hopelesslyunsure

Long story short...had a crush on a guy friend who I have known for a long time. He started flirting with me about 12 months ago after we caught up over lunch - kissed me on the neck couple of times since, though we never talked about it.

Even though we continue to email each other, and flirt sometimes, I realized that I do have feelings for him. Silly me, I was the one who initiate communication, and initially, he was always quick to respond / reply, and he flrted in his emails. Over time, the response / replies get slower and sometimes none.

I realized that he has never openly expressed his feelings, and neither have I. There is however that undercurrent / electricity.

Anyway, I finally saw the light and realized that I have a serious crush over him, and it is most likely one sided. He has detached himself and not bothered to stay in touch.

So I feel very stupid that I developed feelings for him. I know he now has a girlfriend.

Just needed a place to vent my feelings of stupidity !

The exact same thing has just happened to me. However, i dont know if he has someone but he did pursue me and then stop. I became so smitten and started to believe it was going somewhere and slowly the tables turned and i was the one doing everything. I havent given up but i expressed my self and wont do anything anymore. im grateful for the attention cuz i seriously xd all possibilities of wanting a relationship and now i feel good but im going back to **** love keep cupid locked up in solitary confinment with no food or light or air...hehe. OKAY keep that **** away from me!!!! hehe

I am sort of still in the middle of this situation, so I feel ya. Stupidity? I don't think so. It's hard to read the messages sometimes, especially when the written ones (text) don't coincide with the physical ones (kissing, flirting), and when you are really hoping that he feels something. I've come to learn that sometimes guys just don't have it in them to say "it's been fun" and it's up to us to read the writing and just move on.

Chin up.

My latest love interest said all the right things and kept very good contact with me for the last three weeks; and I developed some strong feelings for him, but then he went silent on me, leaving me feel rather empty.

We can't slight ourselves for our feelings. So don't call yourself stupid. Just try to move on and learn from it, don't make the same mistakes with the next guy you meet.

jennifernyc84

If its one sided, please don't continue this madness. Either tell him how you feel, or bail, now! PS, PLEASE go read my thread...it says it all

todreaminblue
Long story short...had a crush on a guy friend who I have known for a long time. He started flirting with me about 12 months ago after we caught up over lunch - kissed me on the neck couple of times since, though we never talked about it.

Even though we continue to email each other, and flirt sometimes, I realized that I do have feelings for him. Silly me, I was the one who initiate communication, and initially, he was always quick to respond / reply, and he flrted in his emails. Over time, the response / replies get slower and sometimes none.

I realized that he has never openly expressed his feelings, and neither have I. There is however that undercurrent / electricity.

Anyway, I finally saw the light and realized that I have a serious crush over him, and it is most likely one sided. He has detached himself and not bothered to stay in touch.

So I feel very stupid that I developed feelings for him. I know he now has a girlfriend.

Just needed a place to vent my feelings of stupidity !

I developed feelings for a guy I did tell him how i feel it turns out my feelings were not returned i dont feel stupid about doing that letting him know...i feel honest now...even though the answer I got wasnt what i needed to hear.......i did the right thing for me......we have a lot in common i wasnt stupid to believe we could have gotten to know each other better and see where it went......i respect him and want to keep him as a friend which is harder because unlike before when i have had rejection i have gotten over the feelings quickly.....cant answer why the feelings stay only that they haye and are still strong...i am dealing...i am a bit shy around him only because i dont want to overstep my mark and embarrass him i already had that moment of embarassment...so i dont need to repeat it.....for him or for me ...i know i love his company even though i dont say much over time that may change...you never know....smilin......i also know i am shy because i like him...which needs to be dealt with eventually for me to move on....at the moment i am just letting it be looking forward to when i can spend time with him because it isnt frequent......unfortunately...because the more i see him i actually will become more relaxed.....desensitised 101....lol.....so i can be more open i guess...and just enjoy being around him.....my feelings are mine i keep them that way for now...or try to....my family says im bambi when it comes to him....but maybe it is because i let my guard down more around my family.....when they are around...who knows i am analysing...stopping now....theres my vent or almost vent more acceptance i think....btw he is single for the moment...i dont know how i would feel if he got a girlfriend(the one he does have heart for) i think i would feel extremely hurt but thats life and love...not all roses.and it isnt his fault...i would feel happy for him if she were good to him but cut for myself which is selfish....i would most likely go nc for a while i dont think i am strong enough to handle that and see him all the time..i would need that nc to move on....deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Author
hopelesslyunsure
I developed feelings for a guy I did tell him how i feel it turns out my feelings were not returned i dont feel stupid about doing that letting him know...i feel honest now...even though the answer I got wasnt what i needed to hear.......i did the right thing for me......we have a lot in common i wasnt stupid to believe we could have gotten to know each other better and see where it went......i respect him and want to keep him as a friend which is harder because unlike before when i have had rejection i have gotten over the feelings quickly.....cant answer why the feelings stay only that they haye and are still strong...i am dealing...i am a bit shy around him only because i dont want to overstep my mark and embarrass him i already had that moment of embarassment...so i dont need to repeat it.....for him or for me ...i know i love his company even though i dont say much over time that may change...you never know....smilin......i also know i am shy because i like him...which needs to be dealt with eventually for me to move on....at the moment i am just letting it be looking forward to when i can spend time with him because it isnt frequent......unfortunately...because the more i see him i actually will become more relaxed.....desensitised 101....lol.....so i can be more open i guess...and just enjoy being around him.....my feelings are mine i keep them that way for now...or try to....my family says im bambi when it comes to him....but maybe it is because i let my guard down more around my family.....when they are around...who knows i am analysing...stopping now....theres my vent or almost vent more acceptance i think....btw he is single for the moment...i dont know how i would feel if he got a girlfriend(the one he does have heart for) i think i would feel extremely hurt but thats life and love...not all roses.and it isnt his fault...i would feel happy for him if she were good to him but cut for myself which is selfish....i would most likely go nc for a while i dont think i am strong enough to handle that and see him all the time..i would need that nc to move on....deb

I want to be happy for him - he has now got a girlfriend. Sent me some photos of him and GF with no message. Maybe that is his way of telling me that he is not available. Felt the hurt in my heart.

I want NC with him - not sure if I can go through with it I could never tell him how I felt or my feelings for him. It would be so embarassing for me - I dont think I could ever face him or look him in the eye if I do tell him.