Advice on making friends in new class situation?

hello,

New college year starts in a month or two, this means new tutioral class.. usually in new class situations i am closed off from everyone and become the quiet annoyed person (as far as body language goes.. i look rather angry at everyone, i am not actually angry or anything but its just the way i like to be).

Generally speaking, i am looking for suggestions on how to be a 'less scary' to talk to person and i don't even know where to start? i'm just as good as any other person so i see no reason as to why everyone would just hate me.. plus since everyone is new to the class it would be a good chance to meat new friends.

As for my body language, anyone know any good sites or have suggestions on how to be approchable? plus since its a new class where should my main eye contact be?

Suggestions welcomed :)

The sad truth of the matter, dude, is people usually won't talk to you; you have to talk to them.

I've been in this same situation, of looking for friends (or more) in classes. The problem with it is, most people aren't really looking for new friends; they're fairly happy with their social lives, and aren't going to be really into starting conversations with anyone.

It doesn't mean they wouldn't me happy to make friends with you, just that they aren't going to make the effort. The burden is on you. Start talking to the people next to you, before class or during a break. You can start just by asking to borrow a pencil, or asking the time. Then talk about how boring the teacher is, or how much work, or how hot it is, etc. You get the idea. If they seen really unresponsive, don't take it personally; just try with someone else.

Eventually, you'll be really friendly with people, and on your way to making new friends.