I can finally move on...

hopelesslyunsure

hopelesslyunsure

Long story short...had a silly strong crush on some guy friend. I am sure he had feelings for me too but he couldnt expressed himself and neither could I, due to circumstances. I hated myself for putting myself thru this stupid period of pain and tears.

Then there is the on and off, hot and cold communication from him, he trying to detach himself from this..

Finally, today I got closure and I can move on - he sent some photos of him and his girlfriend on holiday - just photos, he said nothing / write nothing in the email. Am I glad ? Yes ! Am I sad - Yes, and I will get over it !

Thanks for reading...and feel free to tell me how silly I have been ! :0)

I'm happy 4 you. I went through the same thing with a guy with a gf except mine was much difficult to get out of. I never did anything with him. My conscience wouldn't let me do that to myself or his gf. After knowing him for a year, the best decision I ever made 4 myself was to move on. It feels so much better to rid yourself of the drama. Good 4 u.

• Author
hopelesslyunsure
I'm happy 4 you. I went through the same thing with a guy with a gf except mine was much difficult to get out of. I never did anything with him. My conscience wouldn't let me do that to myself or his gf. After knowing him for a year, the best decision I ever made 4 myself was to move on. It feels so much better to rid yourself of the drama. Good 4 u.

The silliest and saddest part of the drama is that deep down in your gut you know it is a crush and nothing will eventuate from it. Yet you hold on to some stupid romantic notion that you really like him (or maybe even love him - duh !)...

Gosh, I feel so silly now - I initiated communication with him, I waited for his emails, etc etc. Makes me cringe now just thinking about it ! Thank God I saw the light when he sent me the photos without saying anything in the email!

Don't worry you'll be fine. It's difficult to stop holding on especially when you're so sure he feels something. It's just not exactly the same because he's committed so he can't give u what you're willing to give him. At the end of the day, you'll realize it doesn't matter how he feels. The reality of the situation is that he is unavailable.

I feel better not having to see him cause then I can pretend he doesn't exist. Less or no contact and you'll be fine.

• Author
hopelesslyunsure

I am normally a very sensible and controlled person, and dont let emotions crowd my judgement. This is one of those moments in life where you ask yourself what the hell was I thinking and doing ? How could you let someone like him make you feel so vulnerable - it is not like I dont know him - I worked with him previously known him for over 10 years ! Not a bad person but can be cold and detached when it suits him.