me being nice to a guy,and turned out disaster

Patty

I have this guy that is always pressuring me.Tonight I just lost it and left the chat room and told him in messenger ,I wasnt going to chat,cause I was sick of all the pressuring.He got mad at me for leaving the room but I can only take so much and just had an outburst.Then I went to the chat room afterwards and he asked me what I was doing there.Im all mixed up.He started shouting at me then I totally lost it and he gave me a hard time.He is the the type that is real nice to me one minute then the other he gets very mad at me and yells.I tried so hard not to let him see that oher side of me but after he yelled I started yelling and felt like I was starting to have a anxiety attack.I just dont like it,one minute he makes me think he likes me,then the next he gets so mad at me.After I explained to him I didnt like the pressuring of all the questions he was asking me.Then he didnt even want me in the room.I just don understand I guess.I explained to him nicely at first but then he started yelling at me and then I got the urge to yell at him.I was nice to him in the first place ,dont understand why he gets mean at me sometimes,I tried.

There are a lot of crazies and a lot of trash in chatrooms. There are nice people too. When someone gives you a hard time in a chat room, go elsewhere under a different name.

You are taking this Internet and chatroom thing way too seriously. I mean, these people are just letters on a screen. They say and do whatever they want and this guy really cares little or nothing about your feelings. Hell, he may even be a she for all you know.

On the other hand, your experiences here should teach you a lot about life. The thing you have to learn is that other people do not cause your emotions, you cause them yourself. His behavior in the chatroom did not cause you to become angry or anxious...that was your choice. We decide for ourselves how we are going to respond to events in life.

If someone is rude or starts asking a lot of questions, maybe you could just decide not to respond, to sign off, to tell them they are getting too nosey, or whatever. And you can go that without getting all caught up in a meaningless squabble with people you will never meet until the end of the world.

As far as they guy you were talking about, write him out of your life, ignore him, he's pretty worthless as a chatroom companion.

I don't even think of people as real who act nasty in chat rooms. You cannot have a real relationship with someone whom you have not even met and may be making up stuff on the internet about himself. Chat rooms are for fun, but I have seen too many where the rude and obscene take over the room. Lots of psychos, who cannot get along in the real world, go to the net because no one can see what they really look like or how they really behave.

So forget about the cyber-puppies and get a flesh and blood friend.

There are a lot of crazies and a lot of trash in chatrooms. There are nice people too. When someone gives you a hard time in a chat room, go elsewhere under a different name. You are taking this Internet and chatroom thing way too seriously. I mean, these people are just letters on a screen. They say and do whatever they want and this guy really cares little or nothing about your feelings. Hell, he may even be a she for all you know. On the other hand, your experiences here should teach you a lot about life. The thing you have to learn is that other people do not cause your emotions, you cause them yourself. His behavior in the chatroom did not cause you to become angry or anxious...that was your choice. We decide for ourselves how we are going to respond to events in life. If someone is rude or starts asking a lot of questions, maybe you could just decide not to respond, to sign off, to tell them they are getting too nosey, or whatever. And you can go that without getting all caught up in a meaningless squabble with people you will never meet until the end of the world. As far as they guy you were talking about, write him out of your life, ignore him, he's pretty worthless as a chatroom companion.