mixed signals from my friend (/crush)

ok there's rumours going around that he likes me and he has asked me out to lunch and coffee a few times. we get on very well but he sends VERY mixed messages. his friends love me, some of them fancy me but most of them just want us to get together and hint at it all the time. we spend lots of time together but i never know where i stand with him and worry that he just sees me as a friend.

he makes loads of eye contact and i catch him staring, although he hasn't kissed me although i could have sworn that he had the opportunity many times by now... i'm annoyed by the staring over at me and acting like he likes me and then doing something really weird the next minute. here's 2 examples:

example 1: in a group he made fun of how a cake i baked looked horrible but tasted great. he said i needed to improve the presentation of my cakes and then joked that i'd eventually find a man that would marry me. maybe if i put a good enough ad in lonely hearts. !!!!!???!!!!!

example 2: a mutual friend of ours who is actually hoping to get us to hook up came over the other day to say hi to us and he joked that since his tie matched her nail polish that they should be a couple.

ahhhhh :(

does he like me or not? is he flirty teasing or just trying to make it clear to me that he doesn't want to ever be with me?

i need to know as if he's trying to put me in the friend zone then i need to stop getting my hopes up and making a fool of myself!

thanks for any advice or insight!!! greatly appreciated! :)

• Author

hmmm, i don't know i can help the pressure thing or why it's there. i asked a male friend of mine for his advice and after much deliberation he said "maybe he's just not that into you!"

:(

todreaminblue
ok there's rumours going around that he likes me and he has asked me out to lunch and coffee a few times. we get on very well but he sends VERY mixed messages. his friends love me, some of them fancy me but most of them just want us to get together and hint at it all the time. we spend lots of time together but i never know where i stand with him and worry that he just sees me as a friend.

he makes loads of eye contact and i catch him staring, although he hasn't kissed me although i could have sworn that he had the opportunity many times by now... i'm annoyed by the staring over at me and acting like he likes me and then doing something really weird the next minute. here's 2 examples:

example 1: in a group he made fun of how a cake i baked looked horrible but tasted great. he said i needed to improve the presentation of my cakes and then joked that i'd eventually find a man that would marry me. maybe if i put a good enough ad in lonely hearts. !!!!!???!!!!!

example 2: a mutual friend of ours who is actually hoping to get us to hook up came over the other day to say hi to us and he joked that since his tie matched her nail polish that they should be a couple.

ahhhhh :(

does he like me or not? is he flirty teasing or just trying to make it clear to me that he doesn't want to ever be with me?

i need to know as if he's trying to put me in the friend zone then i need to stop getting my hopes up and making a fool of myself!

thanks for any advice or insight!!! greatly appreciated! :)

I would assume that if you have had coffee a few times and he has asked you out to lunch then he probably does like you or he wouldn't have asked you out.

As far as mixed signals go if he is shy he might be a bit hesitant to ask straight out or do anything straight up.Have you asked him out somewhere?

If you take it one step at at a time and maybe open conversations with him see where they lead and that might relieve a bit of the pressure and if you enjoy his company, then enjoy spending time with him make him feel more relaxed by doing the leg work in the convos and....i wish you the best.....deb