I think I'm falling in love with someone I can't have

sweetsunrise

Hi! Thanks for reading this post. It's quite a lengthy story, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible :bunny:

I met someone a few months ago on a language course, and we became friends. During this course, everyone from the class would spend most of their spare time together. I fancied this guy (let's call him X) right at the start, after I ran into class late and ended up sat next to him. He introduced himself to me a little later on that morning and I immediately fancied him. I knew he was out of my league though, so I tried to forget about it. Looking back though, I realise that during the course I started to fall for him.

It's not a physical thing as such, though obviously I am sexually attracted to him. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met, but he speaks his mind. He's extremely lovable, good-looking and intelligent. Whenever I do think about him and wish he were with me, I just want to cuddle him.

He went home after the course, while I stayed in the country where the course was being held. I missed him, but I managed to forget about him. When I did allow myself the occasional thought that I hoped we'd be together, I realised that I loved him enough just to want him to be happy. He flew back as a surprise last week, and the whole trip awoke all those feelings I had for him. Especially when he went home. Now I can't stop thinking about how I wish we were together.

I can't have him because he's hundreds of miles away and he always treats me a bit like a little sister. I'm not the type of girl he'd be attracted to. He also has a long-term relationship, but he's made comments about how they've had crisis talks and that they struggle to have sex anymore. There's two sides to every story though, and they are still together.

How can I knock this on the head before I have to see him again? He was trying to sort out a meet-up at Christmas at his, and he might be coming over to where I live at Christmas too. I can't be like this next time he comes to visit.

Daniel V. Ross

Sometimes, it is easy for us to fell in love with those people who are taking care of us always. Yet, we should know also on how to control our feelings to avoid getting hurt at the end.