FWB = Casual relationship?

Mrlonelyone

Is a FWB relationship the same as a "Casual relationship"?

I had always thought that a FWB wasn't a type of relationship, but a casual relationship was one which wasn't exclusive or committed for the indefinite future yet still somewhat romantic.

Either can be whatever the parties define them to be. Hence, if someone were to inquire of me whether I was interested in a casual relationship or FWB, I'd first ask them what they mean by that before sharing my interest in committed relationships. Clarify.

• Like 1

Yes, basically. I think so anyway. I think people get all weird about the FWB/fk buddy thing on here, they act like you are not allowed to watch TV with the person or speak to them, like you just meet up for sex and then leave. Not really how it works in the real world from what I've seen. Everyone I know whose had a FWB or fk buddy type of deal has at least casually hung out with the person as well. So anyway yeah to me they are the same. If someone told me they wanted a "casual relationship" I would assume that means sex, hang outs, no committment...in other words FWB/fk buddy.

• 2 weeks later...
Perplexingana
Yes, basically. I think so anyway. I think people get all weird about the FWB/fk buddy thing on here, they act like you are not allowed to watch TV with the person or speak to them, like you just meet up for sex and then leave. Not really how it works in the real world from what I've seen. Everyone I know whose had a FWB or fk buddy type of deal has at least casually hung out with the person as well. So anyway yeah to me they are the same. If someone told me they wanted a "casual relationship" I would assume that means sex, hang outs, no committment...in other words FWB/fk buddy.

Agreed! That I'd why friends with benefits/ casual relationships are coined as such because there is no relationship except physically.

Quest4_TheLost

FWB is definetly a casual non committed relationship.. Unless your going for a booty call. That is where you don't hang out with the person at all and just come over for sex and leave.

• Author

That sounds about right to me.