A cure to kick the habit of getting jealous?

I'm courting this girl whom I think I have high chance of becoming gf and bf with her. but she is very close to a guy as friends. She has reassured me that they are just friends many many times but i just can't stand it when i saw them together happily (chatting, fooling around). The fooling part is always started by the guy. he will try to be naughty and disturbs her. I think he is flirting with her but i don't have the rights to stop him OR maybe i should not stop them. I just cant stand it when this guy goes to her.

I don't want to be selfish and over possessive. So how can I not be to so jealous easily? Being confident is everybody's advice. But how to build it? I want to kick this habit once and for all, if possible.

As someone who had a very hard time of trusting guys as well as having a very big jealousy issue.

I still have them, but we have always made sure that we have always talked about things.

I have always made it known that I have an 'issue' and when it gets me down I tell him. If he goes out with someone and I get jealous, I tell him. If I find myself doubting anything, I tell him.

He usually reassures me and the fact that I was able to let it out helped me emensly.

I am sure not everyone thinks this is a good idea and some may possibly get sick of you after a while. But I found that the best way to cope for me.

Even found that he gave up things that upset me, just to make me happy. :D