this is probably the stupidest problem you'll find on here!

harley

my boyfriend and i well we live in colorado and today we were going to go to colo. spgs to a football game. he already spent $50.00 on tickets.

last night we got freezing rain then snow, so now the roads are icy and snow packed, they are saying there are alot of accidents out there.

so now i don't want to go cause i'm scared. my boyfriend is mad at me now and says he'll just go without me then. i offered to pay him back the money for the tickets.

he says he like's adventure, i told him that this is stupidity not adventure! am i wrong? what is a person suppose to do or say to someone who thinks your just trying to ruin his fun?

i'm not willing to go out there just because he thinks the roads will be fine. they are fine in town but not on the interstates, they have even cancelled the vets day parade and a host of other things in town. i wish they'd cancel that csu-airforce game too so then we wouldn't have to fight about going at all.

i even suggested we get a hotel with a pool in town and stay in town. he said "we can do that anytime". what can i say to him? i've tried to appeal to his common sense, but it seems to have left him already.

he is just plain mad at me now and wont talk to me, say's i ruin his plans.........i feel bad........

billy the kid

Harley,

don't feel bad... your doing the right thing... no game is worth risking your life to see... He seems to be acting immature and macho...pay him back for the ticket and then drop it.. If he wants to stay mad let him.. it may ruin his day for staying mad but you can just let it go and enjoy the comfort of home and staying alive...

my boyfriend and i well we live in colorado and today we were going to go to colo. spgs to a football game. he already spent $50.00 on tickets.

last night we got freezing rain then snow, so now the roads are icy and snow packed, they are saying there are alot of accidents out there.

so now i don't want to go cause i'm scared. my boyfriend is mad at me now and says he'll just go without me then. i offered to pay him back the money for the tickets. he says he like's adventure, i told him that this is stupidity not adventure! am i wrong? what is a person suppose to do or say to someone who thinks your just trying to ruin his fun? i'm not willing to go out there just because he thinks the roads will be fine. they are fine in town but not on the interstates, they have even cancelled the vets day parade and a host of other things in town. i wish they'd cancel that csu-airforce game too so then we wouldn't have to fight about going at all. i even suggested we get a hotel with a pool in town and stay in town. he said "we can do that anytime". what can i say to him? i've tried to appeal to his common sense, but it seems to have left him already. he is just plain mad at me now and wont talk to me, say's i ruin his plans.........i feel bad........

Your boyfriend is showing selfish, inconsiderate and very immature behavior under these circumstances. Obviously, he doesn't have the good sense that you have to know such travel is dangerous.

If he doesn't appreciate your caring enough about him to want him to continue living or to remain uninjured...and he wants to be angry about it...consider that to be just an insane aspect of his behavior.

He obviously is not nearly as mature as you and has some growing up to do. Last week a pilot killed over a hundred people by risking a take off in bad weather. Your bf comes from that same mold.

I am with you 100 percent on this one. But you can't talk sense into some people. Just pray that he is uninjured on his adventure. And pay attention to stuff like this. Do you want to be left a widow with two or three kids? If he's like this a lot, you have to think about things like this happening after you're married...if he's such an adventurous type.

harley UP DATE!

well he finally agreed not to go, but i had to agree to let him go to the broncos game on monday night without giving him a hard time for it. i wanted to go with him to that game but he could only get one ticket from his brother. so i agreed, a small price to pay for peace of mind....thanks to billy and tony! i appreciate it very much!

Your boyfriend is showing selfish, inconsiderate and very immature behavior under these circumstances. Obviously, he doesn't have the good sense that you have to know such travel is dangerous. If he doesn't appreciate your caring enough about him to want him to continue living or to remain uninjured...and he wants to be angry about it...consider that to be just an insane aspect of his behavior. He obviously is not nearly as mature as you and has some growing up to do. Last week a pilot killed over a hundred people by risking a take off in bad weather. Your bf comes from that same mold. I am with you 100 percent on this one. But you can't talk sense into some people. Just pray that he is uninjured on his adventure. And pay attention to stuff like this. Do you want to be left a widow with two or three kids? If he's like this a lot, you have to think about things like this happening after you're married...if he's such an adventurous type.