Asking if I love him?

Hi everyone.

I'm in quite a situation at the minute. I met a guy some time ago and we instantly clicked as very good friends, in that we have a good understanding, a mutual calmness and respect, and we are generally comfortable with each other.

As it turns out, he has been indicating that he likes me from the start, but hasn't been direct about it so to speak. He's been commenting on me sexually, said I look good, said he wouldn't be spending time with me if he didn't like me, but at the same time he said that he doesn't want to ruin our friendship for anything, and that he likes how we connect, and that he wants to keep it that way.

However, as it turns out, a couple of times we ended up making out, and there's clearly some kind of attraction between each other, and I was wondering if it's only sexual, but having been invested as friends to a certain depth, our emotions affected us to some degree.

From then, we decided not to make out again and try to maintain our friendship.

On my part, I followed through to remaining friends. I text/call him to ask how he is, I am there when he needs to talk or simply chill out, I maintained my physical distance/boundaries with him, all while hanging out with him. We still watch TV/movies together, we go out together, have dinner, he picks me up and drops me off, we do favours for one another, and there for each other as good friends are, but for some reason there's some sexual tension between us even though I wonder no matter what I'm doing to fizzle it down to being pals (and it was in fact going well thus far), he seems to maintain a behaviour that makes me think about us sexually.

At one point, he started hugging me around my waist and said he feels like giving me a hug, but then I limited it to just a hug because the temptation was there.

The next time we hung out, we didn't even hug each other whatsoever. He maintained his physical boundaries with me, but he began poking my arm more often.

Recently, when we went to hang out, we brought food, had a chat, listened to music and everything, and I was all fresh in perspective about us having a good friendship. I hate the fact that we even have the intimacy factor because it does make the difference, and it complicates things. However, this time, he was behaving rudely to me to some extent. He said to me I am being cold and heartless, when I wasn't at all. I was being somewhat sarcastic in our conversations, and a little "whatever" only because I was laid-back, but I didn't think it'd bother him. His tone was somewhat patronizing when he was inserting silly jokes my way, and he was being quite mean even. He was picking on me and saying some negative things but all covered with jokes and silliness.

I ignored him thoroughly and tried not to be offended, as I was observing his behaviour changing from being collected and level-headed to rather condescending and immature. But he stopped in intervals and kept staring at me, and even at some point sat down right next to me to talk to me. His behaviour was rather confusing, and it did make me anxious to a certain extent. I felt as if he was pushing himself too much into my space, as if to get into my head or something.

Later on when we sat down after our meal, he pulled me towards him and hugged my waist. He then proceeded to ask me "how much do you love me? On the scale, how much do you love me?" and this question threw me off, so I joked it off with a light response. He then leant his face on my shoulder/neck and said he will fall asleep there.

I don't get what is going on between us now, as in, what does he want, and where is his head at? Is he wanting something more between us, and is actually serious about it, or is he sexually frustrated or something? :confused:

You both seem sexually attracted. Certainly isn't love. If you're that willing for it LOL...go ahead and jump his bones. You're already makingout and mention the sexual aspect a lot. Take caution tho LOL.

(Friends with benefits type I see)