please share your stories.....

the_opposite_sex

.....please share. Right now, i'm desperate in this area of my life....i'm workin on gaining self confidence. I'm starting to feel a big weight off my shoulders though b/c i can "feel" myself getting better. I've come here, i've talked to ppl in person, and i've talked to my b/f about this. I'm really really working on changing myself for the better and starting to have a more positive outlook on life. I'm real excited about it! I'm taking different steps/ways in helping myself.

So please....if you use to be the type to have a negative outlook on things/life and didn't have very much self confidence, i would love to hear your story! :)

I find what's helped me gain more confidence is trying new things - stuff that I might have never thought I could do. In my case, I've wanted to try surfing for a while, but always thought it was a "guy thing". Well, I finally did and now I LOVE it. I may not be the best one out there, but I'm having fun and I see myself getting better and it makes me feel GREAT! And it carries over into other areas of my life. I also started to swim to help improve my surfing ability. Now I'm doing one mile ocean swims every week and will be doing my second sprint triathlon in 2 weeks! Come to think of it, I was never a runner before but after swimming for a while is when I decided to do my first triathlon last year, so that made me start running! Total snowball effect!!! :D

Good Luck!