I think I like him! But I'm not sure what to do.

I have this guy friend that I met in college, his name is David. I used to go to the bars alot, and so did he, so one day we just struck up conversation. I wasn't attracted to him or anything, but he was HILARIOUS, and we just totally hit it off. Over time it got a little more flirtatious, but to me it was all fun and games...we'd take a couple shots, get silly drunk, and just have a blast. Then I met someone who I totally fell for, and we started dating. He wasn't technically my bf, but I wasn't really looking to date anyone else. One nite, me and David went out for a drink. We ended up kissing and holding hands. I kinda dismissed it...I thought maybe it was the alcohol talking. We went out again the next week, and he sat me down and told me he liked me and to give him a chance. I was taken aback...and I said that I was sorry, but that I was dating someone, and that I had feelings for him and that I couldn't really start something new with someone else. So...he said he couldn't see me that much anymore b/c of the way he felt. I was sad, but I understood, and we sorta lost touch, minus an occasional email. The guy I was dating became a pretty serious bf...who went on to screw up and cheat on me. I was devastated and broke it off. In the time I was single I ran into David again and we started to hang out again. I was in no position to fall in love again so soon, so I guess once again, he wanted more, and I just coulnd't give it...but this time I actually started to have feelings. But, then my bf came back into the picture, and we got back together. But after the cheating...I guess he lost part of me, or maybe it was my revenge or anger, but I continued to go out with, and hang out with, and sleep with David. This went on until mid-June, when I decided that I was really beginning to have feelings for David, and I wanted more. So, I decided to take the bull by the horns, and let him know the next time we went out. But, for some reason, he wasn't returning my emails, or phone calls, or text-messages, so I couldnt invite him out! David and I always had a pretty casual relationship, even though I know that our feelings run deeper than either of us let on. Anyway, I went to the gym a couple weeks ago, and stopped by a restaurant on my way home to grab a quick bite to eat, and who do I run into, but David! He looked kinda flustered, and I was just kinda confused as to why he hadn't contacted me. He was all dressed up, and I asked him where he was going, and he told he me was going to his girl's house! My heart totally sank... I guess I was just too late! I felt like some scene out of a movie... I absolutely ADORE the guy...and I'm totally heartbroken! I don't know how to make myself feel better! I feel like I had so many chances and I let them all go....

midnitebuterfly
Originally posted by babybear

I have this guy friend that I met in college, his name is David. I used to go to the bars alot, and so did he, so one day we just struck up conversation. I wasn't attracted to him or anything, but he was HILARIOUS, and we just totally hit it off. Over time it got a little more flirtatious, but to me it was all fun and games...we'd take a couple shots, get silly drunk, and just have a blast. Then I met someone who I totally fell for, and we started dating. He wasn't technically my bf, but I wasn't really looking to date anyone else. One nite, me and David went out for a drink. We ended up kissing and holding hands. I kinda dismissed it...I thought maybe it was the alcohol talking. We went out again the next week, and he sat me down and told me he liked me and to give him a chance. I was taken aback...and I said that I was sorry, but that I was dating someone, and that I had feelings for him and that I couldn't really start something new with someone else. So...he said he couldn't see me that much anymore b/c of the way he felt. I was sad, but I understood, and we sorta lost touch, minus an occasional email. The guy I was dating became a pretty serious bf...who went on to screw up and cheat on me. I was devastated and broke it off. In the time I was single I ran into David again and we started to hang out again. I was in no position to fall in love again so soon, so I guess once again, he wanted more, and I just coulnd't give it...but this time I actually started to have feelings. But, then my bf came back into the picture, and we got back together. But after the cheating...I guess he lost part of me, or maybe it was my revenge or anger, but I continued to go out with, and hang out with, and sleep with David. This went on until mid-June, when I decided that I was really beginning to have feelings for David, and I wanted more. So, I decided to take the bull by the horns, and let him know the next time we went out. But, for some reason, he wasn't returning my emails, or phone calls, or text-messages, so I couldnt invite him out! David and I always had a pretty casual relationship, even though I know that our feelings run deeper than either of us let on. Anyway, I went to the gym a couple weeks ago, and stopped by a restaurant on my way home to grab a quick bite to eat, and who do I run into, but David! He looked kinda flustered, and I was just kinda confused as to why he hadn't contacted me. He was all dressed up, and I asked him where he was going, and he told he me was going to his girl's house! My heart totally sank... I guess I was just too late! I felt like some scene out of a movie... I absolutely ADORE the guy...and I'm totally heartbroken! I don't know how to make myself feel better! I feel like I had so many chances and I let them all go....

I am sorry to say that you have lost him.. If he has a girl.. You should have taken him while he wanted you.. That other guy was a waste of your time and you should have known this hon. All can do is take a day at a time..Hope you feel ok..