Friend from work crushing on me, I don't return Feelings

Don't know how much background would be helpful but he's still relatively new (since about Sept). He had pretty much made it clear how he felt, both at work and times were hung out away from work. What worried me most was how fast he seemed to fall for me in light of how short of time we've known each other.

I was going to just see if it would fade away on its own, but I don't know if Ive been inadvertently giving him signs that he mistook for interest. But the only reason Im just now posting about it is because Im not sure if I've been handling this right. Now Ive upset him. Now, there is more to this of course but out of respect to his privacy Id request to continue this in PMs, if anyone would be willing. Thank you in advance.

Just be honest and polite with him. Tell him you're flattered and you're sorry but you're not interested the next time he mentions his feelings for you. It'll be awkward for a while, but situations like that always are. >.<

• Like 1
Just be honest and polite with him. Tell him you're flattered and you're sorry but you're not interested the next time he mentions his feelings for you. It'll be awkward for a while, but situations like that always are. >.<

Agreed.

It's the best thing to do.

• Author

Thanks everyone for your responses. Advice taken, I think he certainly now understands that I am not interested in taking things further than just friends. But now, the last couple days, our interactions at work have become just a little more cold it seems. I suppose this is to be expected though, but I just hope that if he ever does meet a woman who takes an interest that he will not be so quick to put her on a pedestal. I still want him to find happiness again.