Stuck in the Friendzone

So, there's this girl I started talking to a while ago. When our friendship began, it was never my intention to see her as anymore than a friend. But time passed, and I came to know her more and more. She shared her problems with me and I saw her for the REAL person she was. Not some shallow queen bee like the other girls I know.

After some time, I casually asked her out. She said she wasn't ready to move on from her ex yet, so we left it at that and proceeded with our friendship.

Fastforward a month, and we had a conversation that made it seem like she felt the way I did. So, I presented the question. In about an hour she flipped from "Not sure, leaning on yes" to "No". She told me that I needed to get over her and that I don't want to get involved with a girl like her.

Things were awkward for a couple days and we started talking like normal again last night.

I realize she may still be in a rut from her previous relationship, (The ending was ugly) but will she ever feel the way I do? I love her so much. I don't normally care about women, (I'm not a player or anything like that, I just don't get involved.) but I have thoughts about her like I've never had before. I think about spending every moment with her. I've LUSTED for girls before, and I've LIKED girls before, but never have I felt anything like this.

So, in short, my question is: Can we ever be anything more than friends?

Don't talk to her about it again.

Do, make a move on her.

A little bit of booze may make things easier.

OP, here's a tip:

A woman you've known for any substantial length of time, if presented with your clear romantic interest, will *never* let you get out of her sight if similarly interested. This woman's answer to you was 'go away' romantically, which is the precise meaning of 'I'm not worthy of your love' or 'you wouldn't want to get involved with a woman like me'. Her psychology will, however, allow you to continue to validate her. She will let you love her, just not in a mutually healthy way.

You're stuck in this friendzone as long as you consider her your friend. Do her words and actions support her being your friend? Up to you. Welcome to LS :)

• Author
OP, here's a tip:

A woman you've known for any substantial length of time, if presented with your clear romantic interest, will *never* let you get out of her sight if similarly interested. This woman's answer to you was 'go away' romantically, which is the precise meaning of 'I'm not worthy of your love' or 'you wouldn't want to get involved with a woman like me'. Her psychology will, however, allow you to continue to validate her. She will let you love her, just not in a mutually healthy way.

You're stuck in this friendzone as long as you consider her your friend. Do her words and actions support her being your friend? Up to you. Welcome to LS :)

So there's no conceivable way of getting out without risking hurting her?

Another tip: Don't worry about hurting her. Trust me. She could chew you up and spit you out and floss her teeth without even thinking about it. Worry more about hurting you....

• Like 1
  • Author
Another tip: Don't worry about hurting her. Trust me. She could chew you up and spit you out and floss her teeth without even thinking about it. Worry more about hurting you....

Idk man, she just doesn't seem like she would do that, but then again, I'm not very experienced with women.