Telling a guy I like him...?

There is a guy I like, I've spoken about him before here. He came on holidays with me and my family for three days at the start of this week. I was going to tell him that I like him, but I got really nervous and wasn't sure how to say it. While we were away, he acted more intimate with me than he's ever really been. We do hug, but he hugged and touched me more and played with my hair.

I don't know if I'll be seeing him much before uni starts again, but I really want to tell him I like him. Is this even a good idea, and what would be the best way of doing it? I know the situation would be awkward regardless of how I go about it, but I want to try and make it as easy as possible.

Any ideas?

• Author
Instead of telling him you like him, show him. It'll be more natural that way and you'd be far less nervous.

What are good ways of showing him? He has been flirty occasionally, but I'm not that good at flirting back (really shy and have never done it before). I just try to smile and be friendly, but I'm not sure what other things would work.