Not sure where we fall...

I've known this girl in college for about a year and we've become pretty close friends, but at the same time, it seems like there's more going on.

We text back and forth quite often about a variety of topics, and it feels like we're consistently flirting whenever we text (innuendos, cute smilies, a lot of hahahas/lols/etc) but I'm not really sure how to interpret that. Our texts go way beyond the level of flirtyness (from my point of view) that I've had with other friends. We see each other almost everyday and talk face to face. We've literally talked about everything, ranging from family/what we want in the future to sex to sports/etc. We're always making eye contact for a few secs and smiling at each other before we get back to our work. We always joke around with each other and make innuendos but it feels like there's some sexual tension here. Weve gone out many times as a group to bars/clubs and we grinded together for a song or two the few times we've gone to clubs, small parties where we usually end up talking, and just lunch/meals/etc. We have said I love you to one another when we've been drunk before, but not really sure what to make of it. I got pretty injured in an accident about 4 months ago and she was incredibly sweet, offered to take me to the hospital/whereever i needed to go, etc. She always checked up on me and seemed more conerned than my other friends.

Im not really sure where we'd go from here. We havent really had any time to spend alone, and i dont want to make a move in front of our group to avoid making things awkward with everyone. I will be seeing her almost everyday til we graduate next yr, so I dont want to make things awkward between us. And, prob most important, I dont want to lose her friendship.

Does she like me or are we just friends? How can I find out for sure or avoid ruining our relationship if Im wrong?

aussietigerwolf

Are we lovers or only just friends? Come tomorrow will I be lonely again.

Lol seriously though, you have 2 choices... Ask her out or just forget about it.

• Author

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I do realize there are two feasible

options. I was simply interested in seeing whether you guys felt she was 1) interested in me and 2) if so, how i could pursue it without harming our friendship?

I don't want to sound so cynical or negative but it's really hard to tell for sure. It's sweet of her to actually care and be concerned for you when you were injured and it may have meant alot to you, but maybe she was just being nice or a really good friend. Sometimes it's obvious and sometimes it's not. And even when it may seem obvious, you can be completely wrong. In short, you can only let her know how you feel and ask her how does she feel. And the best way is to do it in a subtle and calm way. Don't pour your entire heart out but talk and ask and be prepared for whatever the outcome may be. Best of luck.