How to make our relationship more than just sex?

Im 32 and have been close friends with this girl for 5yrs, She is 26 and Im from Dublin,Ireland, Shes from the US, Her and i have always been very close, Traveling to see each other often. i have always been attracted to her but never acted on my feelings for her until last year i told her how i felt about her but she had already started dating someone, She told me she couldn't risk losing our friendship if we didn't work out saying she couldn't bare not having me in her life. Her last relationship ended 3mths ago, she has a history of bad relationships, She seems attracted to idiots. She surprised me when i opened my door, she said she flew over because she needed someone she could trust and as she had no place to stay, she asked if she could crash at my place til she got herself on her feet, She already made plans to live here for a year, Im a touring musician & i love having her with me, she comes to a lot of our shows and previously she has come with me over Europe, Just being with her is enough for me.

The night she arrived we were watching tv she asked me about my love life and asked if i had anyone on my mind lately I said "No, not really just you. I've been thinking about how hot you are.", She laughed & called me an idiot then snuggled into me and said she may stay cause everything she needs is right here. I've fallen hard for her and i love having her around my place all the time. After my bands show last week i was talking to two chicks and spotted her sitting at the bar with our friend & she kept staring at me then walked up to me and put her arms around me, kissed me and stayed there til they left, When we got back to my place we had sex and have been very regularly since that but then acts distant from me when we are out with our friends. I really need advice on what i should do, I don't want to ruin our friendship but i truly love her, Its probably wishful thinking but i just wish that she will settle for me i truly believe that i could make her happy if she gave me a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like she is only in for it for the sex to be honest... its gonna be tough for you since you've already fallen in love for her too... Usually fvuk buddies stay only fvuk buddies... But it doesn't hurt to ask her how she feels about you and the whole situation and hopefully bringing the relationship you two have together to be more than what it is now.

Be careful. You could be setting yourself up for a major heartbreak. Talking from experience. You should have a serious conversation with her and be specific and tell her to do the same.