Asking a friend out on Valentine's Day

So if a guy asks his friend out to dinner for valentine's day is that considered that the guy likes the girl as more than friends or just dinner out with his friend?

Please state if you're a girl or a guy when responding.

imtooconfused

A guy's opinion would be that valentines day is for lovers, not friends. If you want to show her you want to be more than friends, it's fine to ask for a date. If you want to remain friends, go out another night.

• Like 1

I recently asked an ex out to dinner on Valentines, but we are ONLY friends. Hours later, I changed the time of the date to either week before or week after. She was not pleased about it, but also hesitated when I first asked.

I wanted to make certain there was no misunderstanding about our relationship as friends. Haven't heard from her in two weeks, so perhaps a simple friendship wasn't or isn't what she wants after all.

• Author

Thanks for the responses. I'm trying to ask one of my friends out that is part of a group of common friends. I tried to ask her out separately to do stuff but someone from our group hears about it and ends up coming. I can't seem to ever get to talk to her alone in person to ask her out. I'm trying not to ask her out on the phone, text, or email because that might be a bit lame doing to through those mediums. What do you guys think?

todreaminblue
So if a guy asks his friend out to dinner for valentine's day is that considered that the guy likes the girl as more than friends or just dinner out with his friend?

Please state if you're a girl or a guy when responding.

It would depend on the heart of the person asking, and the heart of the person accepting or declining....i fit i sin friendship on both sides, then it is friendship if there are other emotions there, its plain to see it would mean more......i am female...considering i sign it with deb i hoped people would be able to guess i am not a man called deb.......deb