Scared! Health thing, not related to sex

June

Yesterday evening I noticed that my left thumb was numb.

I thought it would go away but this morning and all day I have a numb thumb and I noticed that my left index finger has also become numb!

What could this be? I am in my late twenties, in good physical shape (not overweight) and have no apparent health problems. Could this be the beginning of diabetes? Do you know of any medical forums I could go on to ask this question?

June,

Did this stem from any injury? Are both fingers completely numb? Do you have any feeling in them? Do you ride a bicycle? Do you play a musical instrument? It could be caused by a number of things. Usually it's benign, not a big problem at all.

Bodies are goofy sometimes. They do all sorts of stuff like hiccups, twitchy eyelids, pins and needles. It could mean nothing at all. Sometimes a particular nerve can cause the fingers to go numb, if you rest your elbow on a desk for a long period of time or if your arm is twisted just right or you're laying upon it while sleeping. It sometimes goes away if you just shake the hand out a little.

It could be nothing at all, or in extreme cases, it could be a symptom of something more serious, such as MS. You really don't know.

I do not know of any medical forums, but even those would be limited in the information and help they can provide you.

You can't self-diagnose yourself, and it's difficult for a medical forum to diagnose it as well over the net.

If you think this might be a symptom of a neurological problem and this problem persists, call or visit your physician and have it checked out.

Other than advising you to see your physician if it gets worse, I really can't be of further help. Good luck!

Let me know if you find any info on it, in case my finger ever goes numb.

Forget the medical forums, you could be having some very serious problems. Get to a doctor as soon as possible.

Trying to diagnosis yourself online is extremely dangerous.