Like a girl but really bad with conversations

Hey,

So there is a girl I really like and occasionally get to hang out with (I'm 19 shes 18 and my sisters' friend). I've known her for quite a while and over time, I've started to like her more and more. Anyway, whenever my sisters have her over or we do something as a group, I usually get good vibes. (eg. smiling at each other at things we both find funny even when it's things others dont notice or her always laughing at my jokes or even that certain way she says hi to me) She isn't usually the one in the spotlight, instead she's kind of quiet.

Anyway sounds great; like I'm on my way right? Not quite. The thing is I can't seem to carry on a conversation with her. It seems like whenever I ask a question about her to get a conversation going it seems to fizzle out. Like she will answer and start to talk but it just seems to fizzle out. I can't tell if it's her or me cause we both arn't big conversationalists, maybe its both of us. It just seems I can never hit the right subject of conversation to get her talking a lot. I'm just afraid that if I tell her how I feel about her and ask her out, even if she said yes, I wouldn't want a bad date where we cant converse. My goal is to learn how to have comfortable conversations, lasting longer than a couple sentences before I make my move. Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Luke

Just ask her to lunch and see if you two can start a conversation apart from a crowd. It could be that she isn't interested in you and it could be that she just feels torn about who to talk to in a group. If the two of you can't start and carry on a conversation one on one, like at lunch, then chances are you would not be good together. But this will give you a chance to see if you have common interests.

Doug (England)

So don't worry about a conversation, just ask her out to some place where there is something to DO. Go someplace exciting, like a race meet or football match or even a tour of window shopping so that there is something obvious and continuous to talk about.