it's the hardest time in my life

hi,

i have a guy friend who is very closed to me. we have spent time together for 2 for several years now. everyone thinks we are couple. a couple days ago, we just openedly talked about the reflection of each other which was very great. i know he's dating with another girl which makes me truly feel heartbroken. i know that i have fallen for him for a while and now im very hurt to see him with another girl. i don't want to hold him or anythin. but deep down im terribly hurt. so i really need someone's advice to handle this situation.

thanks lots !

only breaking away completely will give you some space to move into, fill the space with new plans so make a list of them, new things, a holiday change of scene will re-direct and distract your mind, i am sorry for you, hurt, idk, they might spilt, but right now, the best thing that you can do please yourself

• Like 1
  • Author

hi darkmoon,

another difficult time for me is that i always see him. lately i avoid talking to him and it's very obvious. he asked me what happen but i really didnt know what and how to answer. he's my best friend and i know i still want to keep it that way, but in the other way i know that im not ready yet for it. pls advise me

hi darkmoon,

another difficult time for me is that i always see him. lately i avoid talking to him and it's very obvious. he asked me what happen but i really didnt know what and how to answer. he's my best friend and i know i still want to keep it that way, but in the other way i know that im not ready yet for it. pls advise me

There isn't much you can do about it. If you just cut him off without any explanation it will ruin whatever chance you had of remaining friends. If you tell him you love him and he rejects you then it also will probably ruin that chance (unless he behaves like a real prick and strings you on for a long long time)...

Personally I would tell him how you feel and why you think you need time apart. If he is, in fact, interested in you, he will more than likely terminate his current relationship and come running to you. He may need some time to figure out what he wants though but if he is interested, he will eventually dump her and call you up.

Hope that helps :)

• Like 2
imtooconfused

loveheart15, I have been in your shoes and to a certain extent am still living through the same issues. The only way I found to get out of the trap was to tell my friend that I had feelings for her and that because she did not feel the same way about me, we could no longer be "buddies." It's a hard thing to do, especially if that person had truly become a best friend. But the loneliness of missing the company of a best friend is not as painful as longing for someone who is dating another person. And even that loneliness will subside eventually.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

i truly agree with u. for me friendship should worth more than anything. im trying to be ok with it and to get rid of it from my head. but it seems like i will never be able to overcome my fear. im really scared of being alone shile seeing him with another person. that's verty hurtful for me. i need to shut my thought down for a while.

I agree with imtooconfused!

I was in a similar situation, I wouldn't say quite as serious as you guys from the sound of it, but still felt too uncomfortable to carry on as just friends. I told her how I felt and wished her well.

But, again, I wasn't anywhere near as close to her as you guys from the sound of it, so take from this what you will!