Saying good-bye <when he left>

lulzatyourface

lulzatyourface

For 1.5 years, I liked this guy. We never dated, but he made it VERY clear that he was interested in me. I got scared and sort of just blew him off. (Which is another issue in and of itself, I know.) So, after a year, we decided to just be friends.

Well, during that next half year, things started getting more than friendly again. It wasn't like it was before, but we would go out to dinner, casually flirt, etc.

He ended up getting a job that he had to move to another state for, and we had one last dinner. We went to a really nice restaurant, and afterward, he walked me to my door. Usually, he would stay and chat, give him me a one-armed hug, (which always confused me as well), and then leave.

This time, he just said, "Well, in case I don't see you again", gave me a half second one-armed hug, and then quickly walked off. I have NEVER seen him move that fast.

Why would he do that? I would like to think that he at least valued our friendship more than that. Nothing awkward happened during dinner either. So, why was his good-bye so short?

He did that because he likes you but isnt sure what you want...

if he is moving to another state and you didnt seem to make an effort to try and keep him locally.

He had feelings for you ---so this move is tough on him so he didnt want to prolong it or confuse it even further with say goodbye sex.

He basically figured this was it in seeing you for any time that he can fathom unless he has family near where you are and thus come to visit.