Why does the Loveshack make me have to go back so far every time I read a recent post?!!

Annoyed

Sometimes when I am on this site and I read the recent postings, every time I click on to go back, I am transported to old postings of several days, and I have to sift thru all the old postings and go back all the way to the top. This is a real pain in the neck!

Why doesn't it return to where I left off??

There is something faulty with the mechanics of this forum and I wish it would get fixed once and for all, so I wouldn't have to sift thru all the old messages every time I want to return to the top!

The LoveShack Administrators are currently revising and reconstructing the LoveShack site to be more functional and user friendly.

If you have any comments or suggestions on improvements you want incorporated into the new site, go to the home page, click on the Email link and send suggestions to the appropriate administrator

I am sure suggestions for improving the site will be appreciated.

I, too, have the same problem you're talking about and it's aggravating sometimes. But aside from that, I really like the format and ease of use of this forum as compared to many others on the Internet.

Since LoveAngel reviews this forum on a continuing basis, my guess is the he will see your post and do what is possible to remedy the situation.

The LoveShack Administrators are currently revising and reconstructing the LoveShack site to be more functional and user friendly. If you have any comments or suggestions on improvements you want incorporated into the new site, go to the home page, click on the Email link and send suggestions to the appropriate administrator I am sure suggestions for improving the site will be appreciated. I, too, have the same problem you're talking about and it's aggravating sometimes. But aside from that, I really like the format and ease of use of this forum as compared to many others on the Internet. Since LoveAngel reviews this forum on a continuing basis, my guess is the he will see your post and do what is possible to remedy the situation.

When I use internet explorer, it returns me to the spot where I was. But netscape takes me halfway down the index list.

So I've starting using IE instead.

For everything else, there's netscape.

(still a netscape fan)

:)

Annoyed,

Sometimes when I am on this site and I read the recent postings, every time I click on to go back, I am transported to old postings of several days, and I have to sift thru all the old postings and go back all the way to the top. This is a real pain in the neck! Why doesn't it return to where I left off??

There is something faulty with the mechanics of this forum and I wish it would get fixed once and for all, so I wouldn't have to sift thru all the old messages every time I want to return to the top!

Thanks for your posting. I'm presently not at home and cannot test the site using Netscape, however I can attest that the latest version of Internet Explorer (5.5) does not produce this effect. Strictly speaking from memory, Netscape 6 does not produce this effect. I used to access the site all the time using Netscape Navigator 4.07 without any such problems either.

You may find that limiting the number of messages displayed could help to correct this problem. From the LoveTalk index, select "Personalize Display" and reduce the number of messages shown to you when you visit the site. Until I can investigate this further, this may help.

Thanks for your patience,

LoveAngel