"How Are You?"

Terminal-Ice

My advice is give the benefit of the doubt (looks like you did) and see if he gets the ball rolling with more in depth convo! If he doesn't it's on to the next one.

SOOO MANNNNY women totally miss the boat with OLD. Many want well thought, personalized emails and will ignore ice breakers and call them "bulk" or "spam". Sure an ambiguous amount will be but don't tell me there's no chance a guy who sends better emails won't hit and quit! If you want to be swept off your feet by correspondence join a romance writing club.

There are forum threads hundreds of pages long out there with guys getting together trading off-the-wall messages & which one's work best to get them a response.

• Author
You need me to tell you to ask them for their number if you like their profile or their picture when they contact you?

Seriously?

Maybe you should stop looking for reasons to disqualify guys who contact you and meet them in person or at least talk to them on the phone so you can see what they are really like.

You can't get an idea of someone's personality from messaging.

Not when they can take a day to come up with something witty to say.

You're really that dense. I've already met one guy and we're keeping contact. I chatted with another on the phone today, and we're meeting on Thursday. Guess what! They're AVERAGE GUYS! BUT, they're NICE! Let me spell that out for you: they're N-I-C-E, which is totally not the vibe I'm getting from you. Don't give me that crap that you just did, because you're WRONG.

I asked an honest question and you came here and did nothing but pollute this thread with useless BS. I hoped for insight when it comes to guys. You provided none. Job well done!

If this is how you were with OLD, perhaps you should blame yourself. Quit taking your failed OLD endeavors out on me. You came here looking for an argument where it was completely unnecessary. I came here with a genuine question and good intentions, and this is how you treat me. Cheers, man!

Thanks for the awesome welcome to this awesome forum!

You're really that dense. I've already met one guy and we're keeping contact. I chatted with another on the phone today, and we're meeting on Thursday. Guess what! They're AVERAGE GUYS! BUT, they're NICE! Let me spell that out for you: they're N-I-C-E, which is totally not the vibe I'm getting from you. Don't give me that crap that you just did, because you're WRONG.

I asked an honest question and you came here and did nothing but pollute this thread with useless BS. I hoped for insight when it comes to guys. You provided none. Job well done!

If this is how you were with OLD, perhaps you should blame yourself. Quit taking your failed OLD endeavors out on me. You came here looking for an argument where it was completely unnecessary. I came here with a genuine question and good intentions, and this is how you treat me. Cheers, man!

Thanks for the awesome welcome to this awesome forum!

Nice rant.

You're the dense one.

Asking a forum of strangers how to internet date.

LOL!

We don't know you & we don't know these guys so how in the hell do you expect us to make this kind of decision for you?

You want these men to woo you off your pedestal and it isn't happening & now you don't know if you should keep waiting for mr. wonderful to message you "hey" or give the average guys a chance to jump through hoops for you.

My advice was spot on princess.

MEET THEM.

It really is that simple.

That is this man's point of view.

You are not special. You are a picture & some words on a dating site.

Don't expect me to treat you that way.

You want to impress me? put yourself on the phone with me so I can see if YOU are intelligent or witty or not boring.

THEN i'll make an effort.

Because the women I did talk to from OLD damn near put me to sleep over the phone.

Edited by phineas