are we just friends?

I've been talking or texting rather to this guy everyday for the past week. (I'm 25 and he's 27) We hung out for the first time last Thursday and had a good time. I actually thought he wanted to leave early but he ended up coming inside and talking for 2 hours, then hugged me twice before he left. He was constantly teasing me and picking on me too.

He did tell me he never knows when a girl likes him though. So i'm not sure if this is just a friends thing or if i should wait on him to ask if i want to do something, or ask him myself. I've always been told to wait on the guy.

Yesterday though he didn't text me and i didn't text him which is weird since we've been texting everyday. Should i think anything of it? Does it really matter who texts who first?

As a guy, sometimes the girl has to make the first move - maybe he's just bad at reading body language. There's no written rule saying the guy has to ask out the girl!

If you like him, go for it. The day of no texting is normal since sometimes things come up and/or some "alone" time is needed to unwind a bit.

imtooconfused

Guys can be just as confused about the "are we just friends" question. If you do like him and want to be more than friends, give him as many clues as you can without feeling too forward for your comfort zone. It would also be just fine whether he sees you as a friend or more for you to send him a friendly "Hi there" text message. As I said, he may be wondering about whether he is on your mind and sending him a message out of the blue lets him know for sure.