Relationship, or lack there-of, advice needed........urgently!!

Ok people, I need some major advice. Here's the deal. I'm a 22 y/o guy and i met this girl in school about 6 months ago. We were friends for about a month, and one morning I woke up and I couldn't get her out of my head. We hung out probably 5 times a week before this happened, then I cut it down to maybe once or twice a week, I have never been one to get attached to anything. I finally got the guts to tell her that I liked her. She said she was glad that I felt comfortable enough to tell her, she also said that she has a boyfriend (i know this and she wont see him until june of next year) and that she's committed to seeing where their relationship is going to go.

The very next day, and from then till now, (about a month) I don't call her, maybe once a month. she calls me EVERY day. she always wants to hang out, go out, do whatever. she is a flirt from hell now, (wasn't before i told her) and i really don't know what to think anymore. I would appreciate some input on this subject, this is the first time I have ever been lost in my life, and believe me, im definately lost.

Consider it a low percentage possibility. Perhaps see where it may lead if you have the time. Work all your other options (other girls) at the same time though. It will give you perspective.

Girls seen to enjoy knowing another fella is interested in them. problem is, they'll play ya for all your worth if your not careful. Every one of them. Most wont realise they're doing it. They'll color it up by calling you a friend.

She's flattered that you like her, and may possibly be interested despite what she told you. However, you should be careful about responding, since the agreement between you is that she's got a bf and doesn't want to pursue anything with you. You don't want to just be the friend with no benefits or the rebound guy.

Try to be up around her (friendly, cool) but not too sexually or emotionally responsive. Don't spend so much time with her that it drives you nuts or puts you off pursuing other girls. Make her work for any romantic attention from you if she decides she wants it -- meaning, make her make the first move.

Ball's in her court, but you don't have to play her game.

-- uriel