Friend the last year, but want more now. How to tell her?

Hey guys..

So I'm starting to have feelings for my friend of a year right now. So a question for the ladies out there. How would you rather be asked out by a guy friend that you've known for a year? On the phone, email, or in person?

I was going to do it in person but either of us has that much experience in dating. A girl friend of mine told me that an email would allow her to think about the idea of dating me. Otherwise she might feel like deer in head lights when I ask her out. So what do you gals think?

todreaminblue
Hey guys..

So I'm starting to have feelings for my friend of a year right now. So a question for the ladies out there. How would you rather be asked out by a guy friend that you've known for a year? On the phone, email, or in person?

I was going to do it in person but either of us has that much experience in dating. A girl friend of mine told me that an email would allow her to think about the idea of dating me. Otherwise she might feel like deer in head lights when I ask her out. So what do you gals think?

i prefer a personal invite........in person....if i truly like the guy....it doesnt matter that i feel anxious.......thats my natural state of being..ill accept..deer in the headlights or frog on a log........i am used to it.......i think it shows a guy facing his fears of the unknown as well, which actually makes me feel in tune with them...weird?...probably.....i think people who are deer in the headlights appreciate the effort because they know how hard it is when you are unsure.....thats my opinion though which may be worth nothing.....in your situation....deb

• Author
i prefer a personal invite........in person....if i truly like the guy....it doesnt matter that i feel anxious.......thats my natural state of being..ill accept..deer in the headlights or frog on a log........i am used to it.......i think it shows a guy facing his fears of the unknown as well, which actually makes me feel in tune with them...weird?...probably.....i think people who are deer in the headlights appreciate the effort because they know how hard it is when you are unsure.....thats my opinion though which may be worth nothing.....in your situation....deb

Yeah.. I agree if you already like the guy then it wouldn't really matter how you asked them. But what if you were on the fence about the guy or never thought of the idea of going out with him before?

todreaminblue
Yeah.. I agree if you already like the guy then it wouldn't really matter how you asked them. But what if you were on the fence about the guy or never thought of the idea of going out with him before?

that would depend on whether i was attracted to anyone at the time, i cant split what i feel,and i woudlnt feel i could give it a true shot, in saying that if the guy was a nice guy and i am single.......then yes i would go on a date with them for the simple fact they asked me personally, i would however say that I had feelings for someone else and that friendship was all i could offer, i dont know if other women feel this way but i do.......

I would think that if you are on the fence you would take a chance, and the same with not having thought of them before for dating..if you thoughts arent on someone else..with the last though the situation where you hadnt thought of dating them before.....i would ask to be given a day to think about it....deb