why was this guy and his friends laughing?

the first week of class in college (a month ago) me and this guy who i didnt know were waiting outside for the class to start.. we were both confused about if it was the right classroom so we made a conversation out of it.. it was maybe a two minute long conversation.. ever since then we have not talked even though we are in the same class. today i was in the library printing papers and he was there also printing papers.. coincidentially.. he comes up to me and says.. hi how are you?.. and he starts talking about how hes confused about how we need to study for the map quiz on friday.. i am confused about it too so i know he wasnt playing dumb.. i told him that the professor would email us more info on wednesday.. he said.. that if we are still confused that maybe we can study together.. i said sure.. and we exchanged numbers.. as we were exchanging numbers.. i guess his friends (i dont know them.. i am a transfer student and so is he).. started laughing.. why were they laughing? they werent doing it in an obnoxious way but they were still laughing.. i dont think this guy told them about me.. he never sits next to me in class or anything and we havent talked since the first week on class.. were they laughing because they know he is trying to maybe hook up with me? or because it was random? i am not ugly so i know it has nothing to do with that.. i have been told i am pretty.

do you think he really just wants to study or hook up or both?

there was 3 of them and they were guys

• Author

his friends were not there when he initially started talking to me tonight.. i only noticed them when we started to exchange numbers.

I think it was innocent laughter...

Guys like to tease other guys about their intentions, where females are concerned. They may have been poking fun at their friend but I doubt they meant anything by it.

hi, you have NO idea if this guy told his friends about you or not. and no one knows for certain why these guys were laughing.

they could have been teasing, or it could have been something more.

just make certain that his intentions are to study and not to use the occasion to hook up..