Going NC...with a friend

I'll give you a short summary:

-Had a girlfriend, had some big problems because of her insecurities

-Met new girl, didn't really flirt and kinda got friend-zoned

-Broke up with girlfriend because of all the issues

-Got A LOT closer to new girl, called multiple times a week, met up, texted al day long, started flirting more and more. Started to get some feelings for her, but nothing really major.

-Got back with girlfriend to give it one more go. I don't have any real expectations of it working out this time around, but I hope so.

-Talked to new girl about what was going on between me and the new girl and if there were any feelings, and she said she didn't really know, and that it was best to stay just friends.

I then told the new girl that we should kinda stop talking. I mean, we talked a lot, and it was so much that I think you should only spend so much time on your SO. So I sorta 'broke up' with her, as weird as that may sound.

It's just that now I actually feel really guilty and bad. I actually meant quite a bit to this new girl and she confided all her personal details to me, like how she has severe issues wth her parents and stuff. And I feel bad about just walking away. I know in the end it's probably best for me, to clear my head regarding my feelings towards her and I feel it's unfair towards my girlfriend for continuing to spend so much time with her.

I just feel bad about walking out of her life. What do you guys think? Did I do the right thing or...? :(

It seems you are not quite sure about who you want.

You have to say goodbye to one of them. I don't say what you did is right, before ending your current relationship. However, if you want to continue with your current girlfriend if would be best for all of you to go NC with the other girl.

• Author

I think it's the best for me to not talk to that new girl for a while. But it's hard. Today her friend asked me that she thought she was kinda off and if I knew anything more. And the girl herself said she really was losing it because of all the no contact. It realy made me feel bad.

I'm kinda perplexed by that, we only knew each other for a few months and are just friends, she said she wanted it that way. But she still is all sad because of it...women and their emotions never cease to amaze me.