How should I deal in this situation?

I feel like I'm really trapped in this situation with a guy I'm really interested in and I don't know what I should do next. We are both the same age, have the same major at the same university and work at the same big company in their trainee program. We always have a great time at work, we laugh and talk a lot since we share the room and we sometimes go to the same place for lunch. Sometimes when I'm with him I feel like he might be interested in me too judging by the things he says or just the way he looks at me, but other times I feel like he is just enjoying the admiration he gets from like every other girl and doesn't want to commit.

A few weeks ago I was at a party and he texted me asking if he should come as well. I told him to definitely come and mentioned that his best friends and roommate are there as well so it would be nice. Then he just texted back and said he is tired and doesn't feel like coming anymore. I was asking why and he texted that maybe its because his friends are there.. I thought the whole thing was weird and in the end I ended up telling him that he should ask me out sometime and he just answered that we shall see. Nothing has happened since then and we've stayed where we were before the texting episode.

There was a new party yesterday and this time I had urged him to come like a week ago. So he came but I felt the entire time like he was avoiding me. When I entered the group he was at, he just left etc. The most "shocking" part is that he actually ended up leaving the party with three other girls I didn't know. I feel like it was a total slap in the face for me. I really have no idea how I should react or what I should do! I know it is really none of my business but still I'm quite disappointed in his behavior. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since we do have this kind of a game that he started, where we have to prove to each other what you aren't my only option. Until this time it has only been like on the level on talking but he really kicked it up a notch. I hate it but I can't let him win although after the party I don't know how I should act with him. I have to meet him this afternoon again for this study thing and we will be working together next Monday and Tuesday. I would really like to show him that he screwed everything up with me yesterday but that would let him collect his victory.

todreaminblue

if you really like this guy dont play the game....dont class it as his winning or you winning......i wish you luck.....................deb