Does my friend like me? I'm in hell.

I've always had the feeling my friend Harry, has maybe liked me. Harry rates as one of the most enigmatic men I've ever met. He gives so many signals I have no idea what is even going on. He has admitted he likes me but under the influence of alcohol so that could just be joking around. I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend of a year, whom I dearly love, but Harry has always been a constant nagging thing in the back of my brain. I would never ever cheat on my boyfriend, that is out of the question. I love him more than you can imagine. Let me give you some examples of signals..

- He looks me in the eye, but in an intense way, not how you're really supposed to look at a friend.

- He's always accidentally brushing against my hands or my legs or arms. He was showing me something on his cell phone a week or so ago and got uncomfortably close to me. I was trying to work out how to use his iPhone and he kinda sat next to me and was touching the touch screen of his phone while I was and our hands kept touching. It was really uncomfortable and I made an excuse to grab a beer. I don't know why it was uncomfortable.

- He jokes about my love life. Most times we talk, he asks how I am, who I'm dating and when I ask him, he reveals he's not had a girlfriend for a long long time as he hasn't found the right girl then he looks a bit droopy and he denies having crushes on any of his friends when I suggest he hooks up with them.

- He stammers when he talks to me. And he goes a bit jittery. He's not usually like that with his friends.

- He drops his plans and comes to see me if I feel like garbage.

I'm so unsure as to if he likes me. I could be reading this wrong. I don't know. I'm so confused. He's a dear friend to me but sometimes I think he acts like he's more than a friend.

todreaminblue
I've always had the feeling my friend Harry, has maybe liked me. Harry rates as one of the most enigmatic men I've ever met. He gives so many signals I have no idea what is even going on. He has admitted he likes me but under the influence of alcohol so that could just be joking around. I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend of a year, whom I dearly love, but Harry has always been a constant nagging thing in the back of my brain. I would never ever cheat on my boyfriend, that is out of the question. I love him more than you can imagine. Let me give you some examples of signals..

- He looks me in the eye, but in an intense way, not how you're really supposed to look at a friend.

- He's always accidentally brushing against my hands or my legs or arms. He was showing me something on his cell phone a week or so ago and got uncomfortably close to me. I was trying to work out how to use his iPhone and he kinda sat next to me and was touching the touch screen of his phone while I was and our hands kept touching. It was really uncomfortable and I made an excuse to grab a beer. I don't know why it was uncomfortable.

- He jokes about my love life. Most times we talk, he asks how I am, who I'm dating and when I ask him, he reveals he's not had a girlfriend for a long long time as he hasn't found the right girl then he looks a bit droopy and he denies having crushes on any of his friends when I suggest he hooks up with them.

- He stammers when he talks to me. And he goes a bit jittery. He's not usually like that with his friends.

- He drops his plans and comes to see me if I feel like garbage.

I'm so unsure as to if he likes me. I could be reading this wrong. I don't know. I'm so confused. He's a dear friend to me but sometimes I think he acts like he's more than a friend.

what is it you feel when you are uncomfortable, why do you think you feel uncomfortable?....deb

• Author
what is it you feel when you are uncomfortable, why do you think you feel uncomfortable?....deb

It's not bad uncomfortable if you get what I mean. I'm not sure. I just felt like I wanted to move away from him and hide in the corner..

Dragonfruit

The reason I ask is because when I was young and single and a guy pal "liked" me, if I didn't like him I wouldn't really care about that too much one way or the other. If you do prefer your "friend" please remember that boyfriends are just for finding your eventual mate in life. A boyfriend is not a husband, he can (and should) be parted with if there is someone you like better and there is no shame in that. So if you like your friend better and he likes you, well then?