"what are we?"

brunette4u

I need some advice. I am a 21 year old college student, and I have been seeing this guy who is 22 goes to same school as me for about 3 weeks now. He is a very nice guy, gentleman, everything I could ask for in a guy. He is just so different than every other guy i've ever dated. We talk every night of the week ( he calls me 95% of the time, or I call him), but we rarely "hang out". We live 15 minutes from eachother. Several times I have asked him to hang out and he's like "yeah, we'll see...b/c he is always busy with school and sports" He reads every night for his classes for at least 1.5 hours...and he plays baseball here at Varsity level. He says little things that make me think he is interested, but I feel weird b/c the only time I see him is like one night a week. We have had sex, also, several times. Then last night we were supposed to hang out and he was like, well, maybe we should go to dinner some time this week...He seems very shy, too, and nervous around me, which I hate! He has even admitted that I make him nervous when I'm around. But...I dont know if I should ask him where this is going or what...or how do I bring up "what we are." i'm sorry, but if I'm "dating someone" i want to see them more than one night a week. Is this normal, am I freaking out about nothing?

Ok. Now this is only *my* opinion.

3 weeks?! You gave up the P waaay too soon. You don't even know if you're girlfriend material and you know what his privates look like?! How can he be so shy if he's already porked you? Yeah, I can see still being shy at 3 weeks into a relationship, but that's why you can't sleep with someone that soon! Is he even commited to you? Are you the only one he's sleeping with? You probably don't know because you don't know him well and you surely couldn't know him well enough to be sleeping with the guy. Sorry, I just feel very passionate about things like this.

Don't confront him. It's yet too soon. Relationships don't flourish over night. And sadly enough, just because you gave out the poon-tang, doesn't mean you're his girl. Relationships take time. If the relationship continues, the speed will pick up. You guys would see more and more of each other.

But you did it ass backwards. Where's the chase? You're worth more than 3 weeks of courting, aren't you? You've been intimate but haven't yet commited. Slow down. Enjoy yourself. Let him chase you. Let him court you LIKE A REAL MAN SHOULD. You deserve better. Slow it down and pace yourself.

It normal for ambitious college students to be inordinately busy. It's also normal for those in a monogamous relationship to want to spend more time together to deepen their bond. Either compromise and set some definite dates during the week planned ahead of time or find someone who has a more flexible schedule. But it sounds like compromising would be the best solution since ya seem to give a damn about him ;)

• Author

tiki brandy,

I am a college student, I like to have fun. Most girl sleep with guys on the FIRST night here at my trashy ass school, so please don't judge me or make preposterous comments as such when you dont know me.

Originally posted by meaganu

Most girl sleep with guys on the FIRST night here at my trashy ass school

So join the crowd? :rolleyes: Oh that's far more the intelligent thing to do.

I stated my opinion based on what you told me. You're the one that stated that you had intercourse with him and that you guys have been dating for a three weeks. Read your post.

I don't have to judge when you tell the facts.

You just said, "i'm sorry, but if I'm "dating someone" i want to see them more than one night a week."

So if he gets in a relationship with you, then he's going to be stuck making time for you...and he doesn't have any time for you yet.

So back off. He doesn't have time for a girlfriend, so you are going to have to settle for being a f**k buddy for a while....or you can find someone to "date"