ONE NIGHT STANDS - How many is too many?

This post originated from Tony's post with the subject line - THE ONE NIGHT STANDS OF WOMEN - AN EDITORIAL. If you have not read it yet, please do so.

I would like to see some discussion on another aspect of one night stands - How many is too many. First of all, I have never asked a woman if she has had a one night stand or how many. I don't ever intend to ask that question. I will just have to use other means to determine her character and date-ability. That being said, I am still interested in seeing some comment from others on this subject, whether you think one night stands are moral or immoral, right or wrong.

What is your perception of a MAN that has had a one night stand? How about 5, 10 or more?

What is your perception of a WOMAN that has had a one night stand? How about 5, 10 or more?

If it does make a difference to you how many one night stands a person has had, how are you going to find out?

One night stands may be pretty hard to quantify. But I do think that at some point a person ceases to be in the normal range and can be designated as promiscuous. I think every person has to decide just where that number is.

But I also think that it is each person's personal business. If they take the chance of disclosing their own personal sexual data to others, they take great risk of being judged and putting relationships in jeopardy.

There are many great people who, at some time in their younger days, were very fickle when it came to sexual partners. It was just a phase they were going through and that in no way makes them sluts, scumbags or promiscuous people at this time.

Hope lots of people contribute to this question. I've certainly said enough. I can't wait to read the responses and I hope many people post their feelings on this.

As we've established that "how many is too many" is a personal decision, and you've asked us what we think...

My PERSONAL thought on that is that that's a bit much.

PERSONALLY, that would turn me off to a girl, if I knew that, no matter how nice of a person she was. Maybe my thinking is warped, but I do think that's pushing the envelope.

Would I judge someone who has had that many sexual partners, or label them? Absolutely not, each person is infinitely valuable in hie/her own right. But insofar as my attraction goes toward someone as promiscuous as this, PERSONALLY this would be a turn-off to me.

Maybe it'd be my loss.

Paulie

What would you consider a woman that lost

her virginity and in one year slept with 9 guys? 4 of which were one night stands and 5 that were relationships?

Fully occupied.

I would have to say that 10 or more under the age of 25 would be too many.

The average person starts having sex when they are 18 so I would say that anymore than 10 and you need to stop thinking with your privates and start thinking with your heart or..... an even better option read more "loveshack" postings and maybe you can figure out the whole relationship thing before you jump into bed with one more person.

Unrelated topic:

I have been reading "loveshack" now for almost 2 years, I have not posted very often and I have to tell you it is comforting to know that when I'm feeling low I can always read postings and find out answers without even saying a word sometimes. I don't really like talking to girlfriends about problems with my boyfriend ( I've had that backfire on me too many times) so thank you everyone for being brave enough for posting.

Queenie

This post originated from Tony's post with the subject line - THE ONE NIGHT STANDS OF WOMEN - AN EDITORIAL. If you have not read it yet, please do so. I would like to see some discussion on another aspect of one night stands - How many is too many. First of all, I have never asked a woman if she has had a one night stand or how many. I don't ever intend to ask that question. I will just have to use other means to determine her character and date-ability. That being said, I am still interested in seeing some comment from others on this subject, whether you think one night stands are moral or immoral, right or wrong. What is your perception of a MAN that has had a one night stand? How about 5, 10 or more?

What is your perception of a WOMAN that has had a one night stand? How about 5, 10 or more?

If it does make a difference to you how many one night stands a person has had, how are you going to find out?

i would consider her a woman who is doing nothing more than learning for whatever her own PERSONAL reasons are: fickleness, confusion, empowerment, wanting attention blah blah blah. as long as she's using protection and not hurting anyone there shouldn't be an issue.

this hopeufully will never stop her from having a fulfilling, loving relationship in the future. this does not change all the good qualities she has a person.

i would consider her nothing more than human.

What would you consider a woman that lost her virginity and in one year slept with 9 guys? 4 of which were one night stands and 5 that were relationships?

One night stands are not really very satisfying because there is no follow-up. After a while, if a person has too many, maybe they need to look at themeselves and ask, "Why can't I have more than a 1-night fling? What is it about me that doesn't attract and intrigue for more than a few hours? Why is is this guy or girl willing to engage with me in this most intimate act and afterwards hit the road, never to return again?"

I make no distinction between men or women on this issue. If a person continues to have multiple 1-night stands after the learning and occasional desperation phases of their life, then there is a problem.

There is a whole component to sexuality that includes affection and caring, that add depth to the experience. Getting your rocks off several times a day with several different partners takes the specialness out of sex after a while.

What would you consider a woman that lost her virginity and in one year slept with 9 guys? 4 of which were one night stands and 5 that were relationships?