Inspirational spiritual songs

TheFinalWord
...as the high priest teareth his raiments in two.

...and throws ashes on his head ;)

• Like 1
...and throws ashes on his head ;)

Dude, can you imagine what the high priest must have thought when he heard Jesus? I think we tend to laugh at these ancient people and think they are silly, but when you read between the lines of what transpired during his discussion with Jesus, you see why he ripped his robe apart. The priest asked Jesus if he was the messiah, etc. Jesus goes above and beyond by saying that we shall see him come "in the clouds of heaven" and "at the right hand of God". The high priest, knowing his Scripture full well, knew Jesus was equating HIMSELF to the cloud (or pillar of cloud) which contained Jehovah and led the Hebrews in ancient times. No wonder why he raged and ripped his robe! Incidentally, Elisha ripped his robe apart too when he witnessed Elijah get taken away into Heaven with his own eyes. I guarantee ANYBODY that if they saw ANYONE get lifted away into Heaven, YOU would start going apeshizzit and rip YOUR clothes too!

Edited by M30USA
TheFinalWord
Dude, can you imagine what the high priest must have thought when he heard Jesus? I think we tend to laugh at these ancient people and think they are silly, but when you read between the lines of what transpired during his discussion with Jesus, you see why he ripped his robe apart. The priest asked Jesus if he was the messiah, etc. Jesus goes above and beyond by saying that we shall see him come "in the clouds of heaven" and "at the right hand of God". The high priest, knowing his Scripture full well, knew Jesus was equating HIMSELF to the cloud (or pillar of cloud) which contained Jehovah and led the Hebrews in ancient times. No wonder why he raged and ripped his robe! Incidentally, Elisha ripped his robe apart too when he witnessed Elijah get taken away into Heaven with his own eyes. I guarantee ANYBODY that if they saw ANYONE get lifted away into Heaven, YOU would start going apeshizzit and rip YOUR clothes too!

I think the High Priest was corrupt. I am not certain his sincerity when he condemned Jesus. Even Jesus called him out, using their own laws

When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby slapped him in the face. “Is this the way you answer the high priest?” he demanded. “If I said something wrong,” Jesus replied, “testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?” Then Annas sent him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.

I do know that the High Priest inadvertently prophesied about Jesus.

But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all. Nor do you understand that it is better for you that one man should die for the people, not that the whole nation should perish.” He did not say this of his own accord, but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, and not for the nation only, but also to gather into one the children of God who are scattered abroad.

Anyway, this is off OP, no? Here is an angel song for ya M30 ;)

• Like 1
I think the High Priest was corrupt. I am not certain his sincerity when he condemned Jesus. Even Jesus called him out, using their own laws

When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby slapped him in the face. “Is this the way you answer the high priest?” he demanded. “If I said something wrong,” Jesus replied, “testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?” Then Annas sent him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.

I do know that the High Priest inadvertently prophesied about Jesus.

But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all. Nor do you understand that it is better for you that one man should die for the people, not that the whole nation should perish.” He did not say this of his own accord, but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, and not for the nation only, but also to gather into one the children of God who are scattered abroad.

Anyway, this is off OP, no? Here is an angel song for ya M30 ;)

Someone at work this very day just mentioned Skillet to me for the first time!

TheFinalWord
Someone at work this very day just mentioned Skillet to me for the first time!

They're pretty popular. :)

Not too often that a Christian band gets so much mainstream coverage.

Elegance is often found in simplicity. And I don't think anyone has ever said it better.

• Like 1
pureinheart
Denver is one of my favs of all time.

Really I'm a big fan of all 60s/70s rock :)

Here is my current playlist:

Neil Young - Old Man - YouTube

The sixties and seventies rocked!

Jefferson Starship Sarah (lyrics) - YouTube

Jefferson Starship - Fire - YouTube

Jefferson Starship - Crazy Feelin' - YouTube

• Like 1
pureinheart

That's my song lol...BTW REO rocks in concert- as good if not better than the studio version

Ok I'm done- promise

pureinheart

I lied:D

You know I was really fortunate to have some really romantic husbands and bf's that used to take me dancing to all of this mushy stuff!

love me tender 1968 - Elvis Presley - YouTube

This one is to my SIL:

The Delfonics - Daddy's Home - YouTube

He sings this one to my daughter everytime he gets out...

pureinheart

I know better than to get on these music threads!

Edited by pureinheart
TheFinalWord
The sixties and seventies rocked!

I like 80s Moody Blues, but the 60/70 psychadelic is my fav for them. Highly spiritual :)

Bizarre songs, they were some of the first to engage in conceptual albums.

House of four doors...you'll be lost there forever :cool:

pureinheart
lol

Some people will get this ;) LS theme song...

Oh, dude, my mom had it serious for Kenny Roges and this was her favorite song...I wonder if being a Vegas card player had anything to do with it:lmao:

Yep love, I get it:p

• Like 1
TheFinalWord
Don't you just love love songs!

Oh yeah! Fav love song from 70s

• Like 1
pureinheart
I like 80s Moody Blues, but the 60/70 psychadelic is my fav for them. Highly spiritual :)

Bizarre songs, they were some of the first to engage in conceptual albums.

House of four doors...you'll be lost there forever :cool:

I completely agree...wow that was deep. That one guy (on the very end) looked like one of the Byrds.

That must have been something to compose and the vocals. I forget what the off notes are called, but typically our voices don't do those well.

I felt like I was in a coffee house...you know like in the 60's (I think)

• Like 1
pureinheart
Oh yeah! Fav love song from 70s

That. Song. Is. The. Bomb. ( note* NSA, FBI, CIA- I do not mean bomb as in blowing things up, something that explodes, or any other device meant for destruction...k...bomb=cool)

I really got into John Lennons Double Fantasy album...highly spiritual also.

• Like 1
TheFinalWord
That. Song. Is. The. Bomb. ( note* NSA, FBI, CIA- I do not mean bomb as in blowing things up, something that explodes, or any other device meant for destruction...k...bomb=cool)

Off topic...but I agree w/Paul. Ridiculous.

Ron Paul Blasts NSA Defenders On Piers Morgan: 'You're Justifying Dictatorship!' - YouTube

• Like 1
pureinheart

Off topic also:D (real big shock) ...that was the very first time of using that word, in that way, for that very reason...and at one point thought I was overly paranoid. Oh, and I also agree.

pureinheart

This has to be the most special song in the world...my precious brother shortly before passing grabbed me at a party and we danced to this song and he sang it to me:D