What in the hell do I....

Nicky-who

Just tonight my girlfriend asked me what I want from her. The truth is, I don't know. What do people want out of their significant other?? And can't you get the same things from your friends (besides sexual satisfaction)?

Obviously I'm new to the whole serious relationship circuit and I need a lot of help..please help me!

More than likely, your girlfriend wants to know where she stands with you. do you want to be committed to her? do you want that emotional closeness that you don't get from your friends? do you love her and want to be with her? etc.

what you get from your friends is on a totally different level to what you get from your partner. sure, you can still muck around with yuor partner like you do with your friends, but the emotional connection in a relationship is way different from the emotions you share with friends. it is not just sex and intimacy that makes a relationship different from friendships. there are many things, like being able to feel you can trust your partner in a different way to your friends, feeling you can tell them anything and they will listen and not judge you, being able to show the real you and show a kind of love that you do not feel for your friends. the list goes on.

ask her what she means by that. ask her what she wants from you, and if they are the same things, excellent. but if they are not, you will have to re-evaluate this relationship with her, and decide if this is what you really want and if you're ready for it. it is important to want the same things as each other in a relationship, otherwise, you will be going nowhere fast.

Just tonight my girlfriend asked me what I want from her. The truth is, I don't know. What do people want out of their significant other?? And can't you get the same things from your friends (besides sexual satisfaction)? Obviously I'm new to the whole serious relationship circuit and I need a lot of help..please help me!

Women like to be reassured with words about where they stand with their significant others. Men will often think that action, that is being nice, showing care, is enough to demonstrate to the woman that she is loved. But women need verbal reassurance too.

That is why she is asking you where she stands. She wants you to express in words how you feel about her. That is often hard for some guys to do, and often it is the biggest BS-ers that come up with the most poetic proclamations of love, while the straightforward guy thinks, "Hey, I'm with her, isn't that enough to show her I care about her?"

More than likely, your girlfriend wants to know where she stands with you. do you want to be committed to her? do you want that emotional closeness that you don't get from your friends? do you love her and want to be with her? etc.

what you get from your friends is on a totally different level to what you get from your partner. sure, you can still muck around with yuor partner like you do with your friends, but the emotional connection in a relationship is way different from the emotions you share with friends. it is not just sex and intimacy that makes a relationship different from friendships. there are many things, like being able to feel you can trust your partner in a different way to your friends, feeling you can tell them anything and they will listen and not judge you, being able to show the real you and show a kind of love that you do not feel for your friends. the list goes on. ask her what she means by that. ask her what she wants from you, and if they are the same things, excellent. but if they are not, you will have to re-evaluate this relationship with her, and decide if this is what you really want and if you're ready for it. it is important to want the same things as each other in a relationship, otherwise, you will be going nowhere fast.