is this odd? what should I think?

~Mike~

Hi, I am 19, almost 20 and recently I was talking with my girlfriend; whom I have been dating for only about a month. But, we were talking about past relationships and when I said about my past relationships I said that I've really only had one VERY serious relationship and was hartbroken from it(the serious relationship lasted 2.75 yrs), so I was Very careful and dated a little on and off since then. Well, I feel really good with my current girlfriend and I feel pretty good about us (though, I know it is only a month, we have known each other for a long time and been good friends).

What suprised me was after I said about the 1 Very serious realtionship and some dating since, she seemed Shocked..she said "Yikes", I just didn't understand. Is this So strange of me? Should I think anything of what she said?

Also, The last time when we were messing around some, she well..gave me a handjob, witch I've never got from anyone before, nor would I let them. (btw, I am saving my self for marriage) and later when I told her that noone has ever done that to me, she was suprised that I had let her do it and suprised that I told her I had not messed around w/ anyone else as much as I did with her that night. Then, she acted Really suprised. I am just wondering how promiscious she is? I would Greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks

~Mike~

You really don't need to be concerned with this. Your new girlfriend may have had more experiences that you in the sexual area but that is her business. It is out of immaturity that she makes these snap verbal judgements but they are out of the way now, unless you make further disclosures.

Don't judge her or her past. She is with you now. If she has had more experiences than you, she is entitled. She is an individual and is not bound to have lived her life in accordance with any of your expectations.

Base your opinion of your current relationship on how your lady treats you and how the two of you get along. As far as her remarks concerning your past dating, they baffle me as much as they do you. She may not have known exactly what to say...or she may have had the impression that you dated much more than you have. Unless she brings it up again, just forget those remarks and move forward. All that is pretty irrelevant at this time.

Frankly, it sounds like you have a pretty good thing going with this girl. The best kind of relationships are ones that begin as friends. Those can last the longest and be the most satisfying. So let go of your concerns and enjoy the relationship.

In the event she makes more pronouncements about you or your past that bother or puzzle you, let her know in a nice way to explain and also let her know that she should accept you for the history you have and not try to compare you to others or to herself in that respect...then give her a big kiss...and tell her it's from Tony!!!

I just wanted to give you a thousand kudos that you're saving yourself for marriage. I think that it is VERY respectful in this day and age.

And don't let her past experiences dwell in your mind. It should only matter what the two of you go through together. The past should be left where it is . . . in the past.

You have my greatest respect.

Hi, I am 19, almost 20 and recently I was talking with my girlfriend; whom I have been dating for only about a month. But, we were talking about past relationships and when I said about my past relationships I said that I've really only had one VERY serious relationship and was hartbroken from it(the serious relationship lasted 2.75 yrs), so I was Very careful and dated a little on and off since then. Well, I feel really good with my current girlfriend and I feel pretty good about us (though, I know it is only a month, we have known each other for a long time and been good friends). What suprised me was after I said about the 1 Very serious realtionship and some dating since, she seemed Shocked..she said "Yikes", I just didn't understand. Is this So strange of me? Should I think anything of what she said?

Also, The last time when we were messing around some, she well..gave me a handjob, witch I've never got from anyone before, nor would I let them. (btw, I am saving my self for marriage) and later when I told her that noone has ever done that to me, she was suprised that I had let her do it and suprised that I told her I had not messed around w/ anyone else as much as I did with her that night. Then, she acted Really suprised. I am just wondering how promiscious she is? I would Greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks ~Mike~

Hi, I am 19, almost 20 and recently I was talking with my girlfriend; whom I have been dating for only about a month. But, we were talking about past relationships and when I said about my past relationships I said that I've really only had one VERY serious relationship and was hartbroken from it(the serious relationship lasted 2.75 yrs), so I was Very careful and dated a little on and off since then. Well, I feel really good with my current girlfriend and I feel pretty good about us (though, I know it is only a month, we have known each other for a long time and been good friends). What suprised me was after I said about the 1 Very serious realtionship and some dating since, she seemed Shocked..she said "Yikes", I just didn't understand. Is this So strange of me? Should I think anything of what she said?

Also, The last time when we were messing around some, she well..gave me a handjob, witch I've never got from anyone before, nor would I let them. (btw, I am saving my self for marriage) and later when I told her that noone has ever done that to me, she was suprised that I had let her do it and suprised that I told her I had not messed around w/ anyone else as much as I did with her that night. Then, she acted Really suprised. I am just wondering how promiscious she is? I would Greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks ~Mike~

mike dont worry these ting hapen to all of us

you told her you are saving yourself good keepit that way

and tell her when you dont want something comunication

is the foundation of all relationships good luck and all best with your new girlfriend and dont be scared of falling inlove with her

Thanks for all the info/advice everyone. I'm definietly sticking to my intentions of waiting for marriage, and thanks for the complement about that. But, I'm gonna just keep open communication with my sweetie because communication is the key. Thanks again, the advice really helped.

~Mike~