I have fallen for my best friend but had to move...how do i handle this?

This is my first time posting on anything like this, but I am having such a hard time with my situation, and have a lack of people to talk to about it, it seemed like a good idea.

I have three people more important to me than anything - two are brother and sister, both of whom I have known for 17 years, and one I consider my best friend for 18 years. The sister used to date my best friend for 4 years, and although they loved each other, they were definetly not meant to be. A few years ago, I began seeing how wonderful she was and how the two of us might be great together, but I hid these feelings away - until recently. I have just moved off of the mainland, to Hawaii, and my final summer with her was the most amazing of my life. She and my other friend had broken up months before, and she turned to me for support and advice. We spent the whole summer deepening our already-existing relationship, until before I left, we confessed our deep feelings of love and respect. She said she always thought we would be great together as well, but could not embrace these feelings because she was dating my other friend, and we both agreed we could not start something befoer I left because it would just hurt too much.

Now, I have moved, and she is establishing a new network of friends and dating a couple other guys. I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that i may never have another window of opportunity with her, and I think about her constantly. It is a complicated situation, but does anyone have any advice? We dont want to do a long-distance thing, agreeing if we were to be together it would be face to face. How can i stop thinking about her with other guys who dont deserve her? She is visiting in 4 months, and I want to confess to her that I would move back to be with her, but I dont want to scare her either. If anyone has been in any similar situation, what did they do?

Maybe she'll move to Hawaii. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to! See how you feel during and after the visit. It may reveal that one or both of you have changed and don't feel the same. Or, you may cling to each other like barnacles and decide not to part ever again.