Shall I or shall I not???

advisemenow

Hello All,

I need a honest advice about this situation, I don't know what to do, here is a summary: I have a friend whose a woman, younger than me about 4 years, we knew each other since we were kids. My feelings towards her is as a sister, I did not have any sexual feelings towards her. She is nice. I immigrated to other country and we stayed in touch. She is a very close friend, I talk to her about personal matters as she know my family situation and there is nothing to hide from her (unlike knowing new people). Here is some facts about the situation: She is chubby, which is nice. She was not married and still single and she is above 33 years old (less than 40 years). She is a practicing christian. I am not sure if she ever had a boyfriend (or had sex - still a virgin). The last time I visited my original country she told me that the guys she meets are pure boys and that she decided to have sex even without marriage, she wants to enjoy life, as it is passing by and that's what she recommended to me. I went back to my new country and after two years, I returned to my original country trying to settle here (but due to current economic situation, I am not able to find a job and will return to my new country). One point to mention is that my original country is conservative and having sex outside marriage is still unfavorable, but it is happening behind doors).

I noticed that she has distant herself, she is busy all the time and does not go out as much as we did. We went out as friends only not as bf & gf.

The issue I am thinking: was she trying to ask me to have sex with her? I know she has needs. I am confused about this. because I am not interested in her as a wife. There is not feeling like this. If there was, I would marry her in a second. So I don't want to raise the issue of having sex with her. If I do that I may insult her and because she is a very close friend I never want to do that, but if her intention is to find someone to satisfy her need, I will do it.

I appreciate honest advice on how to proceed with this, I am 42yrs old (not married), please help!!!! thanks a lot.

Yes, certainly, she wanted you to have intercourse with you.....

Edited by Apolodor

From what you have written, for me it's difficult to judge. Since you knew her from childhood and you were friends, you are better to judge than us. Did you feel anything that she considered you more than just a friend, during all these years of friendship? I mean her body language, talk, etc?

Telling you she is OK with having sex without getting married and instructing you to do so, doesn't necessarily mean that she wanted to have sex with you, IMO. It depends on what she thinks and her attitude towards you.