Engaged but in love with another man?

starblinder

Hay guys,

I was looking for a place to vent about this and seek and I think I've found the right place.

My fiance proposed to me on Valentine's Day and at the time it was the happiest day of my life. We have a good relationship and pretty much everypony knows about it.

However, three weeks ago my life was turned upside-down. I started talking to another stallion and we became good friends. We had a lot more in common than I do with my partner, and he's actually much closer to me in age. However, after our first meeting, I found that I was starting to develop a crush on him.

Over the next week, I started to fall deeper as we became closer. On Saturday things reached fever pitch as he disclosed some personal stuff to me. I was certain that he was falling for me, too, despite knowing I was taken.

However, yesterday I noticed he was talking to me less ... and now I'm starting to wonder if I offended him in any way. It's been haunting me, making me feel sick and depressed. It's been pervading my thoughts all the time.

Please help. I'm really starting to regret being with my partner and I would gladly leave him for this stallion

GorillaTheater

Stallion. Okay, then.

If you would gladly leave your fiancee for Trigger, the answer is obvious: call off the engagement and let him go. He's obviously not the one for you, and vice-versa.

• Like 18
WhatYouWantToHear

Do your current donkey a favor and upgrade to this new stallion. He deserves better than an ungrateful jockey.

• Like 20

Sounds like you have GIGS (Grass is Greener Syndrome). You may find men whom are attractive and relatable but you're in control of the situation, and the consequences that may follow.

Cut off contact immediately. NOW. Don't look back. You've already developed an emotional attachment while engaged to another man. You're in dangerous territory. Do you enjoy playing with fire? Have respect for your partner and distance yourself before it develops further. No partner deserves to be with someone who's only partially committed.

Edit: Saw the last comment you made. Just break the engagement. He doesn't deserve someone who doesn't care. It will be for the best.

• Like 2

Please leave your fiance, who gave you the happiest day of your life, and go with this new guy of three months, who I am totally sure is the real love of your life. I bet things will completely work out for you.

• Like 10
Poppy fields

Did you know you used everypony and stallion in the same post? This not an equine forum.

If you are talking about humans, I think you should break it off with your fiance. I think you and the stallion deserve each other.

• Like 4
  • Author
starblinder

Okay ... the whole "everypony" and "stallion" thing was a mistake. I didn't mean it for real.

Also, I don't think this forum was the wisest choice for me to seek help. I just wanted some constructive, sympathetic advice and all I got was smartassery.

Bye.

GorillaTheater
Okay ... the whole "everypony" and "stallion" thing was a mistake. I didn't mean it for real.

Also, I don't think this forum was the wisest choice for me to seek help. I just wanted some constructive, sympathetic advice and all I got was smartassery.

Bye.

I was extremely serious about the advice I gave you.

Bye.

• Like 5

Bye.

Giddyup!!!

oh I mean bye :p

• Like 5
Stallion

Yeah that says a lot. If you can't stay married before you are even married then bad things are gonna happen. Either learn how to control your impulses or buy birth control pills and stay single.

• Like 1

Welcome to LS!

As you can see LS has a lot of dicks on it. You crashed into them all.

You know...in their smartass behavior they were being constructive...if you could read between their lines. You just wanted sympathy for your Mister stallion case. You are not gonna get it here. Emotional cheating is never a good idea. You are doing just that.

• Like 5
Welcome to LS!

As you can see LS has a lot of dicks on it. You crashed into them all.

You know...in their smartass behavior they were being constructive...if you could read between their lines. You just wanted sympathy for your Mister stallion case. You are not gonna get it here. Emotional cheating is never a good idea. You are doing just that.

Proud to be a dick where it matters. :)

...Wait, that sounds wrong, doesn't it? :laugh:

No, not at all. I'm a dick too. I'm evil too. I am sure if you ask the right people I am many things.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

The thought that always occurs to me when I see a "dick" thread is that I don't have to have a big dick when I AM a big dick.

Embrace the dickness.

• Like 2
The thought that always occurs to me when I see a "dick" thread is that I don't have to have a big dick when I AM a big dick.

Embrace the dickness.

Well...they say everything is bigger in Texas.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater
Well...they say everything is bigger in Texas.

And Florida! I don't need to tell you what THAT looks like on the map.

• Like 1
And Florida! I don't need to tell you what THAT looks like on the map.

Florida has a lot of old people in it. Those old people can really be dicks. Guess it happens in the dick state.

• Like 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by starblinderviewpost.gif

Hay guys,

But speaking of smartassery, I saw what you did there.

[COLOR=#990000][/COLOR]

OMG FORGET MY DEPRESSION, this thread has made me forget completley about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Hay now, OP, you need to curb your attitude a bit. (Get it? Curb bit? No? Ok, I'll just wait for my warning, then.)

• Like 6
ImperfectionisBeauty

How could you do that to someone?

If you care so much about stallion be with him because your fiancé deserves way better

• Like 1
todreaminblue
Hay guys,

I was looking for a place to vent about this and seek and I think I've found the right place.

My fiance proposed to me on Valentine's Day and at the time it was the happiest day of my life. We have a good relationship and pretty much everypony knows about it.

However, three weeks ago my life was turned upside-down. I started talking to another stallion and we became good friends. We had a lot more in common than I do with my partner, and he's actually much closer to me in age. However, after our first meeting, I found that I was starting to develop a crush on him.

Over the next week, I started to fall deeper as we became closer. On Saturday things reached fever pitch as he disclosed some personal stuff to me. I was certain that he was falling for me, too, despite knowing I was taken.

However, yesterday I noticed he was talking to me less ... and now I'm starting to wonder if I offended him in any way. It's been haunting me, making me feel sick and depressed. It's been pervading my thoughts all the time.

Please help. I'm really starting to regret being with my partner and I would gladly leave him for this stallion

Engagement is a lead up to marriage for a reason ...if you are going to break a union you do it in the engagement stage....i really hope you dont...but once you are married it should be forever that to me is marriage forsaking all others.........with me engagement is the same.......

I understand you are confused and trying to make light of that confusion when inside you are just a mess....i do that too...make light of difficult situations.......and the situation you are in, is difficult and likely hurtful to all involved.....especially your fiancee.....you have engaged yourself to marry one man, and now you meet another one who you click with....that happens all the time, you never just click with one person you click with many there are many men who you would be compatible with in your life....when i have difficulty coming to a decision and when it is imperative a decision be made in record time(which i feel you do need to come to decision quickly )

go back to the start....

go back to the reasons why you said yes to your fiancee, go back to the reasons why you love him.....go back there to the very beginning remember the heady day dreamy days, revisit those memories.....and then....sit down and be open and honest with your fiancee, work this out....the grass is not always greener, i feel for you, you are taking a risk on a guy you dont really know against someone who you agreed to marry, when th etimes comes for you to face your fiancee, you my just find you dont really want to ......that you do love him enough to know that breaking up with him is just not possible, he deserves the truth..... ...i know where my heart would be ....where is your heart........i wish you well and the decision you make ....i hope it is honest to your heart and holds respect for your fiancee.....deb.

todreaminblue
No, not at all. I'm a dick too. I'm evil too. I am sure if you ask the right people I am many things.

i have never read any posts of yours to signify you are a dick or evil......i think you are succinct and honest........deb

• Like 1

You're addicted to love and can only go so far in an intimate relationship. You've bottomed out with your f and are feeling sometihng with the new guy. It doesn't sound like marriage is for you, and that's ok if it's true. Marriage isn't for many people.