Why did this girl approach me??

Hey guys, well first of all I am a 19 yr old college student dude. Well lets get straight to the point. Heres what happened. So I take this computer class and there are only 3 girls in there and the rest guys. And there is this one girl in my class(The one that approached me) And for the first 2 months since that class started, we havent really talked or anything like that. But then one day, when I was heading to that class, she was waiting outside and was on her phone. When I tried to go in the classroom, she told me to wait and it was apparent she had something to say to me, so I did wait. Then after she was done talking on the phone she started talking to me about stuff like "hey did you start that quiz yet" and "can you help me with some quizzes" and stuff like that. I was confused cuz why would someone randomly start talking to a person you dont know? And after that, she introduced herself by telling me her name and other personal stuff.. why would she do this?? She doesnt even know me! And btw, she has 2 other guys she talks to alot in that class too so why would she start talking me.. And its not like Im annoyed, shes actually pretty so I dont mind but Im just very confused.

She also looks and smiles at me whenever I enter the classroom.