She told me she feels lonely

FrustratedGuy91

FrustratedGuy91

So I've had this FWB thing going on with a girl, well it's more like we slept together once a long time ago, then didn't see each other for a long time, then we fooled around a few times and then is more friendship than anything. Mostly because I'm to shy to act without the influence of alcohol.

Now this girl started making comments about how she felt lonely, or how she missed the "cheesy" stuff of a relationship, like cuddling and such. If I hadn't been driving while she said that, and regardless of how awkward I am when sober, I would've probably hugged her. But anyway, my question is. Is she trying to hint something here? (Keep in mind that we've been mostly friends lately, for the reasons mentioned above) She made those comments the past two days, which were the last two times we hung out together.

• Author
FrustratedGuy91
What do you want to happen?
Well, I never had a girlfriend, just some casual sex, but this girl and I have a lot in common, like a lot of things. At first I thought she was a player, but turns out she just dated a few guys ALL Douchebags.
  • Author
FrustratedGuy91
No time like the present, act. You'll feel less shy.

So she IS hinting something, then? If so could you be more specific on how should I "act"?

Yes sweetie, I think she is hinting that she doesn't just want casual hook-ups.

If she's told you several times and continued to see you then she wants to start building something more affectionate and caring with you.

Do you want that?

I think you have to be honest with yourself and ask whether you are commitment-shy. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you don't string someone else along as a result.

It is somewhat unusual but not unknown for sex to come before more general signs of affection. However, I guess it must be possible to argue that in a particulate context that such signals of affection are more profound in meaning that a mere f**k, and are more difficult to commit to as a result.

Oh, by the way, if she has to drop hints that are any more obvious, I think it may involve physical assault on your person. She is clearly into the notion that you and she are no longer mere FWBs. It's more about "making love", than "doing it". Are you clear about that, happy with the implication, and prepared to meet it square on?