hair is thinning

Patty

Recently my hair has been thinning.Just about every week I look in the mirror and more is fallen out.I used to color my hair alot but stopped after it started thinning.I'm only 28 and to young to go bald.I'm really worried.I want my hair back.I'm really down about it.And many times afraid to look in the mirror,cause it gets dissapionting.I dont feel as atractive like I used to cause of this problem.I've tried to stop coloring it to see if the problem would stop but it still continues to keep falling out.If anyone has any advise,I would appresciate it.

Patty,

Your hair falling out is not the real problem here. It is a symptom of something else. Only a doctor can help you out here.

There are many possible causes:

* thyroid levels/ thyroid disease

* hormone levels/ imbalances

* certain medication/ reactions to birth control or psychiatric drugs

* your diet: not getting enough certain vitamins/minerals

* stress

* physical illness

* damaged hair from over-coloring, bleaching,

etc.

I don't remember too much from working at the doc's office, but this may help.

Go to your physician! S/he can help you out.

Some lab work will probably need to be done. They may check your thyroid (TSH levels) which can show a problem affecting your thyroid, like hypothyroidism, which is basically an underactive thyroid. It can be treated with medicine, maybe thyroid hormone or synthroid or something.

Your iron levels may show an iron deficiency.

Tell your doctor about the following:

-any extra stress or emotional crisis

-any medications you're currently taking or were taking in

the past few months

But please goto your doctor as soon as you can. The sooner, the better. Most of all, don't worry, things will get better. You just need to find out the underlying problem causing this symptom.

Let me know how things go.

• Author
Patty, Your hair falling out is not the real problem here. It is a symptom of something else. Only a doctor can help you out here. There are many possible causes: * thyroid levels/ thyroid disease * hormone levels/ imbalances * certain medication/ reactions to birth control or psychiatric drugs * your diet: not getting enough certain vitamins/minerals

* stress * physical illness * damaged hair from over-coloring, bleaching,

etc. I don't remember too much from working at the doc's office, but this may help. Go to your physician! S/he can help you out.

Some lab work will probably need to be done. They may check your thyroid (TSH levels) which can show a problem affecting your thyroid, like hypothyroidism, which is basically an underactive thyroid. It can be treated with medicine, maybe thyroid hormone or synthroid or something. Your iron levels may show an iron deficiency.

Tell your doctor about the following: -any extra stress or emotional crisis -any medications you're currently taking or were taking in the past few months But please goto your doctor as soon as you can. The sooner, the better. Most of all, don't worry, things will get better. You just need to find out the underlying problem causing this symptom.

Let me know how things go.

Ok I guess I'll let my doctor know.I dont know why I posted that.But anyways,ty for the advise.:)