Would you ever travel on vacation with friend of opposite sex?

futuregopher

When it's just the two of you? And not as gf/bf, just as friends. I don't have a gf and she doesn't have a bf (as far as I know ;p ) Was recently asked by female friend to accompany her to country halfway around the world, just the two of us for a week. Is this the ultimate friend zone? extremely confusing, need help...not sure how to proceed

thank you ls!

HoneyBadgerDontCare
When it's just the two of you? And not as gf/bf, just as friends. I don't have a gf and she doesn't have a bf (as far as I know ;p ) Was recently asked by female friend to accompany her to country halfway around the world, just the two of us for a week. Is this the ultimate friend zone? extremely confusing, need help...not sure how to proceed

thank you ls!

I've done this twice. I hooked up with them both times.

I've done this twice. I hooked up with them both times.

I've done it twice and never hooked up with either of 'em. Still friends with them, too!

Done it a few times. Various results, generally positive. Since my relationship style is getting to know people platonically, I've never had issue with such 'adventures'. One particular person remained my best female friend for a decade, until she got married.

If you want to 'get laid' with any such 'friend', then such an adventure will either be glorious or an exercise in frustration. Only way to know is to go. Good luck.

Done it a couple of times. No hanky-panky involved as they were "friends."

I've been on holiday with the same girl a few times, once abroad with friends, once camping with my family. The only time it was just me and her was when i had a football tornument in spain, we were there for like four days and then me and her went back via paris cause she'd always wanted to go. :cool:

I dont think shes 'friendzoning' you buddy - if anything its more of a opportunity for two friends to get closer!

Went on vacation with a friend after my epic breakup a few years ago. We had sex.

I think it's inevitable...

Went on a trip with my ex last year.

I had sex.

Just not with him :D

Because we really are just friends.

• Author
futuregopher

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that the trip is a little over a week and it's $2K USD. It's one of those tour things that you go on with a group of tourists and airfare/hotel is included. The money isn't a problem but I don't want to drop $2k and have a chance of not coming back alive since the country is in Africa. A part of me is a BIG wuss.

How many of you guys would go on this?

todreaminblue

thank you ls!

if you have some self control and separate beds you can do it....if you make it clear no funny stuff before you go anywhere...........deb

Feelin Frisky

I can be sure of myself if it's understood to be platonic. That's all I can say. If she then breaks the rules, I'd have to see. ;)

Not knowing you or your friend, I wouldn't like to comment. All I can say is, I have gone on holiday and to events (admittedly never so much money/distance) with friends of the opposite sex. And never hooked up. I am in their friend zones as much as they are in mine.

Though a couple of my friends did a driving tour of Europe last summer just as platonic besties. It apparently didn't mean a thing, but then they got together at Christmas, only a couple of weeks after one of them broke up with another partner. Go figure

Eternal Sunshine

I would if I was not repulsed by him.

I have this thing where if a guy I am not attracted to likes me in "that way" I feel :sick: Like if he tries to "accidentally on purpose" touch me and stuff, I cringe. So I wouldn't go unless I didn't mind us hooking up.

Talk about the boundaries prior; if you both are on the same page and it's a trip you really want to do, do it.

Talk about the boundaries prior; if you both are on the same page and it's a trip you really want to do, do it.

Or you could just not talk about it and let it happen as it will... :bunny:

• Author
futuregopher
Or you could just not talk about it and let it happen as it will... :bunny:

haha yea...asking before hand would just be 10000% awkward. I think she's fairly attractive but I don't really know her that well

haha yea...asking before hand would just be 10000% awkward. I think she's fairly attractive but I don't really know her that well

This is favorable for you then. There's less of an expectation of anything...meaning she won't necessarily associate you with being just a friend based on prior interaction, and she won't rule out hooking, especially if you show her a good time.