"I Have a Boyfriend"

I've heard this line the last 10 times in a row. Do all you girls use it, even when you are single, to stop any further advances from a guy you find physically unattractive?

Harlequin_Dog

I'd bet that s lot of people are just telling you the truth- they already have a SO.

Also- if they are simply saying it to reject you, a lot of that is fueled by the fact that if a woman says she's simply "not interested" or "no," many men will take this as a challenge. I have been harassed many times by men when I simply turned them down- because somehow I needed to "validate" my decision to them. (Like it matters what they think! All that matters is I said no.)

So just let it go and move on.

soccerrprp
I've heard this line the last 10 times in a row. Do all you girls use it, even when you are single, to stop any further advances from a guy you find physically unattractive?

Marek, Yes and b/c they really do have someone else. It doesn't matter, right? Either way, you are not an option for them and you need to move forward.

Good luck!

• Author
Does it really matter to you all that much? She's probably not interested and that is as far as you should care.

Would you rather hear "Because you're one ugly mother****er and I hope you don't breed"? I don't think so.

Sounds like you're talking from experience.

And, yes, I do move on. I don't dwell on it. I'm just in a bad mood because I hear it so often.

There have been times where some female friends have told me that they've told guys they "have a boyfriend" because it is automatic rejection and no more discussion is necessary. That line pretty much stops all but the most persistent *******s dead in their tracks. Even if it is a lie, it works surprisingly well.

I wouldn't dwell on it. To me it could be truth or the same as some line like "I just got out of a bad relationship and I don't want to date right now" (when she'll be out with some guy the next week).

Either way, she's saying you have no shot. So move on and deal with it. Ask trusted female friends if you need to fix things about yourself to attract females.

How about trying online dating?

That way at least you'd know the women you're pursuing are actively looking to date and don't already have a bf (well... unless they've signed up in an attempt to follow out an open relationship plan or else are going behind their bf's back).

PogoStick

That's funny, I use the same line on girls I'm not interested in ;)

• Like 1