The rescuer vibe came back to haunt

mortensorchid

I have a friend (no really, it's not me) who I have known since we were children. He is my longest friend and we refer to one another as being "brother from another mother" and "sister from another mister". Unfortunately for him, he is one of those do gooder, rescuer types with a humanitarian streak within him. He goes for women with problems. He married one of them. After 10 years together - 3 dating, 7 married - the marriage ended in divorce. She had their daughter 5 years into it, got cancer, recovered and then it was over with. He neglected to mention that her other two marriages and everything in between ended because she cheated on all of them, and she cheated on B as well after telling him she was bored of being married to him and that she didn't want the child after all. Now he's divorced and a single parent.

Just when I thought I'd heard it all, he sent a text today. He had met this woman online a year ago and they dated for a few weeks. She was, according to him, an evangelical Christian who was very anti-Catholic. After she and B broke up she converted to Islam (no really). Because she got a lot of grief from her family over this, B tried to offer comfort and friendly advice to her. Last night she called to tell B that this guy she met at her gym now wants to marry her, so he talked her through it (no futher details than that). This morning he got a text from her saying "B just convert so we can get married already". He said he was stunned and creeped out.

I responded "Change you phone numbers, email address, screennames, forward your mail to a PO box and move to Greenland. Cut her out of your life RIGHT NOW and don't look back for the LOVE OF GOD!!!!"

ComeUpOutDaWahta

Problem is, OP, is that even if he does take your advice, he's just going to find the next damsel to save from whatever perils she may be in. Guy really needs to get his stuff in order it seems. All you can really do is just hope he does just that, cuz it's all on him.