Bullet points on what some people might understand.

keep_strong

keep_strong

Okay, so before I post this, I'd like you to read my previous post. I'm trying my hardest today to maybe start the ordeal of getting over all of this mess. Not sure if this will help, but maybe if anyone else understands it might make sense to me that it's wrong, not that serious, okay? Here's some memories of what I remember of my ex doing in the last 3 years..

- Whenever I got paid, I would ALWAYS have to buy him something, take him out... otherwise I was selfish, not good with my money or how to manage it. And I always did buy him something.

- There were times I wasn't in the mood for sex, He would then argue with me saying it was because I was interested in someone else, that I didn't fancy him, and also he made sure to inform me in the arguement, there were plenty of girls who would have sex with him, and that he'd get it 'from somewhere else'

- There was a phase where he wanted me to lose weight, he would be in control of the food shopping, I picked up a carton of full fat milk and he stood in front of my saying 'You shouldn't be having that, remember?' He bought a picture of a cut out from the newspaper, a girl who looked like me in the face, but with a slim body... He told me I could 'look like this'

- If I didn't reply to his messages/texts within five minutes, I was talking to someone else or 'too busy for him'

- When I found something that made me curious on his phone, I would get told nothing was going on and to leave it. When he found something on my phone, I would get called a whore and we'd have a huge fight.

- My job wasn't hard work, his was more straining. Lifting boxes is more hard work than nursing people according to him.

- God forbid if I got the chance on a night out, I would get told before it that I was going out to try to have sex with somebody, that I 'pout' too much on my photo's, that I'm an attention seeking whore. Although pictures of him stood half naked in the gym is absolutley okay.

- It's okay for his facebook to be covered in girls, yet if a male comments on one of my posts...I'm suddenly really into him.

- When he did hit me, It was because I point in his face and he gets scared, because let's face it, A stratch of a mild slap across the arm towards him was more deadly and serious than him throwing a mirror at me or punching me in the face.

- I wasn't the girl he fell in love with, I stopped getting excited about stuff and not really interested, When I used to cry and act like an insane child he would tell me I needed help and to see a doctor, even though it was him who turned me into a wreck when we argued.

Anyone else understanding this? Hopefully will help if I keep reading at it.

Edited by keep_strong

I have experienced a few of your examples. Sounds like a controlling personality. Key features are his harsh rules only apply to you and not him and everything is your fault.

I hope you out now and moving on....

• Author
keep_strong

Yeah, he was and he always will be. It's early days still, but I'm getting there. Thank you :)