! Why did he do this?

Hi, This guy and I have been flirting for the last few months. Only manage to meet at dance class once a week due to distance and our jobs, though sometimes he does come into where I work as part of his job.

The amount of flirting we do varies fom week to week but consistently h is body language says he likes me( toes pointing, looking into my eyes and the down to te floor while talking,squeezing my hand, standing close and always standing so he's in my line of sight etc.)

However the other week as he was leaving he tapped my shoulder, said my name and then kissed his girl friend on the cheek before going out te door. I'm new to the class so he does know the other women well as they've been dancing a lot of years as a club.

The next time we chatted more than ever. This week was his birthday and I got him a card and present. When I gave him the card he kissed my cheek and kissed the corner of my mouth (whether an accident?) when I gave him the present.

He had to call into my work today and wasn't his normal self and we also had a dance class where he ignored me altogether, he danced with all the otherwomen,until I asked him to dance. After we finished dancing he made a point of holding my hand and giving it a squeeze. During the evening I'd caught him looking at me and standing so that he could see me.

I'm just wondering does actually like me and why would he do those things?

By the way he invited me to join the class.

The only thing that seems obvious is that he is being inconsistent which get me no prizes as you have already figured that out and hence your question. The problem is I have no idea either what it means or doesn't mean and it must be quite possible that he doesn't know either.

If he has a girlfriend then that is bound to be a point of conflict in his mind. The classical advice would be for you to step away from him, as tactfully as possible. It does sound as if you are content to play with him and the situation as it presently is. I don't really have to tell you that there must be a fairly high possiblity for it to all end in tears and both you and he will have played your own part in it. For all I know his girlfriend could be making her own fair contribution as well, even if it is only passive or latent.

• Like 1
Vogeltron

Some guys and even girls flirt with everyone they find attractive. This happens even if they are married or in a committed relationship. It is just part of who they are. They probably do very much like you. But that does not mean they are not already in a relationship or even if they were with you they wouldn't do the same thing with other women.

I have two friends like this in their early 30's. The hit on and flirt with ever women they meet at the gym or when we go out. Even though they are living with their girlfriends. Every time their GF is gone for a few days they go running to go party at the Strip Clubs. Nothing ever comes of it but somehow they are addicted to the chase or something. Not something I completely understand myself as a male. I think it is certain personality types.

Understand, being attracted to you and liking you is one thing. Wanting to dump the person he is with and actually have a chance of being in a committed relationship is another thing.

Edited by Vogeltron
  • Author

Thanks for the replies but he is single, I know this for a fact, but appears shy and somewhat inexperienced sometimes. The girl he kissed was a friend.

Edited by Sue1959
Vogeltron
Thanks for the replies but he is single, I know this for a fact, but appears shy and somewhat inexperienced sometimes. The girl he kissed was a friend.

Well then if you are interested in him why don''t you ask him out? You said he is flirting with you etc. If he says he isn't interested then tell him he sucks and his loss. If he does go out with you can bitch at him for the rest of the time you are together for him being to much of a wuss to ask you out.

If you don't go to school together and live a distance away from each other. What do you have to lose? Not like your firends or classmates are going to be giving you are hard time about it.

Ask him out if you like him. If he says he isn't interested tell him is a moron and good luck finding somebody better.