Women, would you date a tall man?

Its all in fun...Im OK with my height, as an athlete I was fortunate enough to have a good body, although I probably wouldnt be if I was a scrawny 125..it just puzzles me why women seem soooo hung up on it..

They're only hung up on it on the internet, in real life they date the best all-around man they can get. Same for men, guys will rave about model-type women but that's not what they usually end up marrying, even if they can get those women to hop in the sack with them on occasion.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
They're only hung up on it on the internet, in real life they date the best all-around man they can get. Same for men, guys will rave about model-type women but that's not what they usually end up marrying, even if they can get those women to hop in the sack with them on occasion.

Understand I am totally fine with my 5'7" height. I had a long term relationship in college with a woman who was 5'10 and I left her. I just dont get the logic...

I was reading a story on here recently where a woman was just getting back into the dating scene after a divorce. A couple of times she mentioned she went on dates with guys that were "not good looking" or kinda doofy or something to that effect, but then in the next breath she was glowing about how tall they were so that was OK by her..I was like, huh?? IIRC she was like 5' tall. So you would give up everthing else just for height?

TFY

sillyanswer
Im trying to figure out the logic....

Trying to understand attraction by applying logic? Hmm. I think I see the problem! :p

• Like 2
USMCHokie
Trying to understand attraction by applying logic? Hmm. I think I see the problem! :p

Patterns of attraction can be explained through rational means.

thefooloftheyear
Patterns of attraction can be explained through rational means.

Please explain further....

• Author
They like dwarfs.

Are you a hobbit?

I'm Gandalf :p

• Author

Meeting a tall woman is rare at best for most people but I tend to attract them, no joke I've met four girls that were 6'4, pretty sexy tall girls. I find it funny when I go to my local nightclub and the short girls want to dance with me, LOL! Not making fun of short girls but I think it's cute, but thess girls were like 5'2.

But for a relationship I'd have to have one that is taller than 5'2.

HopelessRomantic76

You're heights perfect we love tall men, short is the last thing you want to be as a guy count your blessings your not a short guy

• Like 1
ScreamingTrees
man-pillows! Bahahaha. I literally laughed out loud. Also, if your display picture is you, I find you very attractive by the way. Just thought I'd say something. :o

OP, 6'4 is WAAAY too tall for me (I'm 5'5) but seriously, the first thing listed on a girl's ideal requirements is "taller than me". We like feeling protected. Height is a part of that. Also, you're 19, so you don't need to worry about this too much. Figure out you before you start worrying about dating too much. Trust me.

No, that isn't me.

In reality, I think you'd probably want to barf in a brown bag if I approached you. :lmao: That seems to be the general consensus that I've gathered, but then again I'm also quite insane so who knows. I'd probably make it funny as hell, though.

MuscleCarFan
Height = taboo subject for the male members of LS. *nods sagely*

I used to wish I was taller when I was younger, now I just don't care. :p

sweetkiwi
Height don't mean jack **** when it comes to chest size, sister. I know I can suffocate a girl with my man pillows if I felt like it. :cool: If that isn't enough for you, my chest measures 40"+ non-inhaled. I'm 5'9.

I love all things MAN. Man boobs are cool. If they're bigger than mine I'll be pissed :mad:.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
I love all things MAN. Man boobs are cool. If they're bigger than mine I'll be pissed :mad:.

I think thats the first time I ever heard anyone say that moobs are cool.. Good God, if I had a hint of man boob, id never leave the house..:laugh:

TFY

sweetkiwi
I think thats the first time I ever heard anyone say that moobs are cool.. Good God, if I had a hint of man boob, id never leave the house..:laugh:

TFY

Don't be ashamed of moobs or getting a mamogram for said moobs.

I've dated buff guys and chubby ones alike. Don't matter much to me. In fact I am a motor boatin mo fo so bring it on!!!!

This is why if you are 6 ft + and 200 lbs of ripped muscle, you win. You can have it all. I am currently 6'1, 165 and I'm trying to get to 200 pounds.

ThaWholigan
This is why if you are 6 ft + and 200 lbs of ripped muscle, you win. You can have it all. I am currently 6'1, 165 and I'm trying to get to 200 pounds.

You don't have to be that big. You can just be 170-180lbs like Brandon Carter - sure he's ripped but he's not that heavy.

Granted, I actually am 210lbs but I am naturally big like that. Not everybody can be that big - and you'd better believe that not every girl finds that attractive. Forgoing the fact that I am currently FAR from ripped and only very slightly muscular :laugh:.

ScreamingTrees

TFY

http://swoonworthy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ryan-reynolds-shirtless-1.jpg

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/GodMatt/ManBoobs.png

Technically they both have boobs.. And neither's are flat. Which type of "moobs" would you rather have?

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
http://swoonworthy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ryan-reynolds-shirtless-1.jpg

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/GodMatt/ManBoobs.png

Technically they both have boobs.. And neither's are flat. Which type of "moobs" would you rather have?

Neither....

One guy is just scrawny and the other is a pile of blubber...:laugh:

I have a guy I train with that says "Abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat chick-either way it doesnt count":laugh:

TFY

Understand I am totally fine with my 5'7" height. I had a long term relationship in college with a woman who was 5'10 and I left her. I just dont get the logic...

I was reading a story on here recently where a woman was just getting back into the dating scene after a divorce. A couple of times she mentioned she went on dates with guys that were "not good looking" or kinda doofy or something to that effect, but then in the next breath she was glowing about how tall they were so that was OK by her..I was like, huh?? IIRC she was like 5' tall. So you would give up everthing else just for height?

TFY

If you want to rationalize it then it's no different from a man talking about a woman with a fugly face but great tits.

Neither....

I have a guy I train with that says "Abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat chick-either way it doesnt count":laugh:

TFY

Most guys with abs pay for them just like women with big fake boobs, there's a fat-roll-over surgical procedure for it. I can practically guarantee you that whenever you see some buff guy with super-defined abs, or a skinny guy with them, they bought em.

ScreamingTrees
Neither....

TFY

Huh, wow, I must be a starving Auschwitz prisoner to you, and you know what you can do with your opinion? Shove it, you and your trainer.

EDIT: Actually, you're 5'7? I don't care how much you weight, it's obviously easier for you to look muscular, being sort of a manlet in comparison to a 6'3 200 lb guy like the one in the photo. Of course everyone's 6'3 and 240 lbs and bleeding HGH and creatine on the internet..

Thankfully, people don't express their idiotic judgmental opinions in person. Despite having superiority complexes, I guess they don't want any conflict with the angry midget skeletor.

Edited by ScreamingTrees