he's got a new girl...

Hmm, okay...lezze.

i was with this guy for 5 months, and we were pretty great together in the begining. but i moved and we tried to keep it together, but we ended up breaking up about 4 days before thanksgiving. it's the 9th of december today and he has a new girlfriend (and has had one for a few days). his new girlfriend is one of my closest friends. i'm not jealous, and i don't want us to hook up again. we've been pretty good friends since the break up, and are acually closer than when we were going out. i just need some advice on how to act around him and his new girlfriend (my close friend). our conversations have been really akward (with both of them) and i'm not sure what do to about it. it's tearing our friendship (again, with both of them) apart. how should i act? thanks for yer time : )

First of all, I disagree that this girl who is now seeing your ex is one of your closest girlfriends. I think she is lowlife. Close friends don't date their friends ex's.

The only thing you can do is just act cool and normal around them. However, if I were you I would avoid them for a while, be busy with other things. In time, you won't really care for him that much and you will see that this thing you consider a close girlfriend is not a friend at all.

For that matter, you ex is not your friend and has little respect for you by dating your girlfriend. Where do you find these people???

Tony,

I'll have to disagree with you here. If they broke up, the fields open and her friend has every right to move in on the new single guy. There's no need for Ash to also loose a friend in the situation.

If Ash felt they were so great together, she should see if this ex-boyfriend of hers has a brother. After all, brothers are often very much alike.

We should always try to make the best of a situation, not make it worse.

Anyways, that's my take on the situation.

Don

First of all, I disagree that this girl who is now seeing your ex is one of your closest girlfriends. I think she is lowlife. Close friends don't date their friends ex's. The only thing you can do is just act cool and normal around them. However, if I were you I would avoid them for a while, be busy with other things. In time, you won't really care for him that much and you will see that this thing you consider a close girlfriend is not a friend at all. For that matter, you ex is not your friend and has little respect for you by dating your girlfriend. Where do you find these people???